Gibson Brands Forums

Cabinet fever

trapezoid

Ya ever get tired of looking at the same old grille cloth? <_< It happened a few weeks ago so i pulled them outta my Acoustic 1x15 and 4x10 cabs hoping for a change of pace. What surprised me was the board that the speakers were mounted on was tolex covered also \:D/ that seemed unusual. After a quick google search, went with metal grilles. Just finished the install today and pleased with the result - a different animal now.

100_0180-1_zps468978cc.jpg

100_0193_zps14313b9f.jpg

Very aggressive looking! [thumbup]

Thank you Kelvinator [thumbup] It was a solution from having to fork out a grand on new cabs just for appearance sake. These acoustics are well matched to the Peavey 450 tour amps' output.

Thank you Kelvinator [thumbup] It was a solution from having to fork out a grand on new cabs just for appearance sake. These acoustics are well matched to the Peavey 450 tour amps' output.

It's a wonderful to be happy with what you have!

That's a cool shift in the cabinet's presentation. Very "industrial" and utilitarian looking. Read "practical".

I've always liked the "less is more" look.

It's all about your preferences.

Thank You Bassilisk. :) "Industrial" i like that term. You know at first it looked stark to me without the badge or emblems and i thought about bolting something else on the cabs, :-k but now i'll leave 'em as is.

• 4 months later...

Congrats on the Orange. I think 2x12's are the way to go anyway.

Thanks gsg, This is the first time i've played through 12 inchers. Got the idea from your posts on the use of that size of speaker. It's working out really well. [thumbup] With the speakers mounted one in front of the other firing in the same direction it makes for a

small footprint. At a 600 watt rating this cab is plenty loud, and the port enhances the lows. The light weight is easy on the back.

Archived