Gibson Brands Forums

MV's Montana Gold Rosewood J 200

JuanCarlosVejar

Music Villa is getting the guitars for "The Homecoming". They have a wonderful Montana Gold in a sunburst. First sunburst I have ever seen. The early birds are already looking over the stuff as it comes in. I know of a very nice lefty Hummingbird that won't last long and they sold a Vintage Cherry Hummingbird 12-string. Very cool guitar indeed.

The Homecoming folks are going to have a good time this week. It's a little wet up here but it's not snow but much needed rain. I know two guys took a short ride to the "Little Bighorn Battle Field" today. Very cool trip for the history buffs out there.The Yellowstone trip is tomorrow and then they start the Gibson stuff.

Music Villa is getting the guitars for "The Homecoming". They have a wonderful Montana Gold in a sunburst. First sunburst I have ever seen. The early birds are already looking over the stuff as it comes in. I know of a very nice lefty Hummingbird that won't last long and they sold a Vintage Cherry Hummingbird 12-string. Very cool guitar indeed.

The Homecoming folks are going to have a good time this week. It's a little wet up here but it's not snow but much needed rain. I know two guys took a short ride to the "Little Bighorn Battle Field" today. Very cool trip for the history buffs out there.The Yellowstone trip is tomorrow and then they start the Gibson stuff.

HG ,

have you seen any of the new 1942 J 45's at MV yet ?

JC

HG ,

Not yet but they might be waiting for J.T. to introduce them.

Just got back from a little get together at RAR's room. All the usual suspects were there. It was getting loud with all the guitars playing. There are at least 3 J-45 Legends there. Several J-200's and a custom AJ that Val made for her cousin. John G. had his new Hummingbird 12 string. It's a vintage cherry and the best looking guitar there.

Ren his wife and boy were there as well. The Homecoming starts tomorrow and they are all going to have a good time.Mike does a great job of organizing this event and we all thank him for all his hard work. We were missing Jerry K. Maybe next year Jerry? I'll buy dinner at the Bamboo Garden.

Hope to see ya next year?

JC

Don from Gibson told me that the first two were completed today, and will make their public debut at Music Villa on Saturday. If all goes well, we'll be able to compare those two to two Legends plua an actual banner J-45 and SJ. I also got some of the construction details from Don, but I'll pass all that Info along Saturday together with the evaluation (unless JT or someone else beats me to it).

-- Bob R

Not yet but they might be waiting for J.T. to introduce them.

Just got back from a little get together at RAR's room. All the usual suspects were there. It was getting loud with all the guitars playing. There are at least 3 J-45 Legends there. Several J-200's and a custom AJ that Val made for her cousin. John G. had his new Hummingbird 12 string. It's a vintage cherry and the best looking guitar there.

Ren his wife and boy were there as well. The Homecoming starts tomorrow and they are all going to have a good time.Mike does a great job of organizing this event and we all thank him for all his hard work. We were missing Jerry K. Maybe next year Jerry? I'll buy dinner at the Bamboo Garden.

Hope to see ya next year?

Dang! Wish I could be there. I'll try hard to make it next year. I am practicing up and will shortly record a couple of tunes for this year's open mic and post on youtube. Bamboo Garden Szechwan simmered beef 水煮牛

shui-zhu-niu-rou.jpg

Mnnnn...

Dang! Wish I could be there. I'll try hard to make it next year. I am practicing up and will shortly record a couple of tunes for this year's open mic and post on youtube. Bamboo Garden Szechwan simmered beef 水煮牛

shui-zhu-niu-rou.jpg

Mnnnn...

So Jerry was wondering why Gibson has no program for selling branded products. Many years ago Gibson actually had a tour wear division. They had a lot of cool stuff for sale but they did what was expected and over charged for everything. A very nice T-shirt was about the same price as a J-200. Well of course the whole poorly planned scheme failed. At one time Gibson was in negotiations with Disney to sell branded products. Again the price thing reared it's ugly head and the whole thing fell thru.

Gibson has so many different divisions that it became impossible for them to agree on what would best represent each division properly. Gibson is very careful about what they put their name on. At one time the boy wonders in Nashville actually came out with a T-shirt that said "Got Wood?" Gibson Montana. The good folks at Montana were upset and I don't blame them. So to end the problems the tour division was left to thankfully die on the vine.

Folks that visited the plant in Bozeman always asked for a T-shirt or cap to take home so Montana decided to make a few things available. This is a super secret and no one is to know as Nashville would have a fit. Since no one from Nashville ever reads this Montana and their little accommodation is safe.Yikes!

Folks that read this will naturally think that Gibson is missing out on a good opportunity to make a few bucks. I would agree. I have spent hundreds of $$$$ on their shirts,caps,and jackets. Everything was way overpriced and I still bought it. Sigh......

When you good folks get to Bozeman head for the Bamboo Garden and ask for the real Chinese menu. Don't expect a factory tour and check out Music Villa. Montana has no sales tax.

Archived