Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

surfpup

Mooer claims their little ElecLady nails the classic Electric Mistress sound, so I ordered one.

PB20127169121-d40c8e4e556cfdbb006e4fa7f0693140.jpg

I'd say it sounds almost as good as the original. The Mistress has more shimmer (treble) played clean.

Once you add some dirt they sound identical.

You can see it takes up about a tenth of the space on my pedal board. For the space savings, I'm

thinking bye bye Mistress, hello Lady!

IMG_2876.jpg

Tempting, Prymaxevintage.com has a 15% off coupon and this pedal comes out to $75 shipped....not bad

Indeed. I paid $88 (though I got a free pedal board sized cable). [thumbup] I'm becoming a fan of Mooer. I have their little harmonizer too. Amazing what it does for such a small box.

Also (as you may notice in the video) the Pitchbox can do a tunable chorus (you pick the pitch).

Another cool feature, it can send only the pitched signal or a blend of the two. Since I generally play in stereo, sending the pitched signal to one amp and a dry signal to the other (instead of a blended signal to both) gives a much more dramatic effect since each amp has a different note. Pretty cool for $88! [thumbup]

Hey Surfpup,congrats on the new pedal,it sounds great and as you said it pretty well nails the Electric Mistress sounds.I still have my original Electric Mistress that I bought as soon as they were released and now after over 35 years it still sounds and performs as good as new.Don't get rid of your Deluxe Mistress, put it either before of after the new pedal and set the first one in line on a fast warbling sweep and the one behind it on a slow intense sweep and you'll get an incredible sound much like Jimi got in House Burning Down-especially if you run it through a digital delay.It may take a bit of tweaking but you'll know when you have both flangers set to their sweet spots.Cheers.

...Don't get rid of your Deluxe Mistress, put it either before of after the new pedal and set the first one in line on a fast warbling sweep and the one behind it on a slow intense sweep and you'll get an incredible sound much like Jimi got in House Burning Down-especially if you run it through a digital delay....

Sweet tip. Thanks. Doesn't clear any space on the pedal board, but I bet it sounds insane that way. I'll try it.

Archived