Gibson Brands Forums

J45 new pins saddle and nut

beard

Hey Everyone,

So just got my guitar back with new nut, saddle and pins and it sounds great (plus the intonation is right on). I went to phospher bronze vs the 80/20s I was using before love this guitar even more now. The weird thing is i paid 1400 for this guitar and i have a martin om28v i spent 3100 on and i just dont seem to play it as much :/ something special about the hog slope shoulders. To me it just sounds a little clearer? But still has the same middy mahogany tone that I really dig. I pulled the stock pick up as it seemed to sound harsh when I really dug in strumming. I am looking at the k&k mini, m1a and m80 and will run them with a lr baggs para di. what are your experiences? anyone else have a similar set up?

Thanks

I recommend the K&K played through the Baggs DI. Great impedance match and fantastic sound with no battery to mess with. Funny how I am drifting away from my Martins toward the Gibson sound. I am going today to possibly swap my last Martin (D35) for a new J45 natural. We'll see when I A-B them at the store. The Martins are sounding muddy to me lately.

RB

Archived