Gibson Brands Forums

really impressive guy at my local open mic

meanstreak

That guy is some awesome talent. Not at all surprised to see him at an open mic as open mic's have changed a great deal. I hope I don't sound arrogant here, but open mics used to be a place for folks who mostly weren't ready to perform in public yet to get a bit of experience. Nowadays, there just aren't enough places for the very talented/seasoned performers to play and they will most often be found at open mics only to get some exposure or maybe sell some cd's. I know a few guys who actually include their open mic dates on their performance schedule e-mails. And they are such a big draw, they should probably be getting paid. This guy is probably one who brings a lot of people in. I also like that he's playing a Tacoma guitar in the second video (seeing as how I have one for sale and it's a much nicer model than that one LOL). I am constantly amazed at the talent I witness at open mics.

That guy is some awesome talent. Not at all surprised to see him at an open mic as open mic's have changed a great deal. I hope I don't sound arrogant here, but open mics used to be a place for folks who mostly weren't ready to perform in public yet to get a bit of experience. Nowadays, there just aren't enough places for the very talented/seasoned performers to play and they will most often be found at open mics only to get some exposure or maybe sell some cd's. I know a few guys who actually include their open mic dates on their performance schedule e-mails. And they are such a big draw, they should probably be getting paid. This guy is probably one who brings a lot of people in. I also like that he's playing a Tacoma guitar in the second video (seeing as how I have one for sale and it's a much nicer model than that one LOL). I am constantly amazed at the talent I witness at open mics.

ya in full disclosure I suppose he's actually the host of the open mic night! He plays lots of other shows too. Great guy, I'm pretty terrible and he's still very encouraging and helpful to me and all the people who play. Lots more vids from him on my YouTube channel. Here's a couple faves -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuNdAGlsi0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSaQB0M5hCg

Archived