Gibson Brands Forums

Flying with my SG

Twiz

Next month, I have to fly with my beloved SG Jr (we're going on a tour). The case that I keep it in now is a regular TKL SG case. I want to get something that can take a little more abuse from the airline baggage handlers, and I think I have it narrowed to one of these cases from Gator. Does anybody have experience with one of them? Have you flown with your SG? How did you get it from point A to point B in one piece? Thanks!

I would find a Calzone or the other name they had(have) flight case and put your current SG case in that case. Aside from buying it a seat on the plane, a flight case around your case is the best thing to do.

edit: These guys: http://www.calzonecase.com/

I should have not assumed they weren't still around. Used them for many years, still have a couple.

rct

RCT has a real good point. remember something as simple as your case falling over could crack the neck on any sg. so sit beside it if you can. It happened to me. i had to ship my sg from Europe and I opened the case to a four inch crack down the neck. not cool man.

Archived