Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

PingPongBob

When I got to work this morning, this was sitting on my desk. [smile]

I have only played with it through an unmodified Class 5 head & cab & a JCM1 with 2x12 cab so far,(I've got some kind of sinus infection and not feeling well) but I'm way impressed!

The Tubular Mods Juice Box does everything in surfpup's vid, but computer speakers don't do it justice.

Now I can get the tones I want out of my amps without bothering my sick mom in the next room.

Odds are I'll be ordering another one soon.

Thinking about getting a more powerful head now. [crying]

Thank you so much surfpup! [thumbup]

-Mike

Now I'm really stoked!

Tried it on my AC15C1 connected to a 2x12 cab w/vintage 30s.

Guitars used were Les Paul Trad Pro, Am STD Strat, Baja Tele, Firebird V, SG Standard P-90, and ES-339.

The Juice Box retained tone at all levels on all guitars using multiple pedals.

I'm sold. Great job surfpup! [thumbup] Thanks again!

Riffster, I was just experimenting last night. There is no real need for this on a JCM1. I won't be using it for that amp.

Btw thanks for the heads up on the Mojo Hand BMP-1 awhile back. Love that too!

I still have an old Tom Scholz Power Soak from the '70s that claimed to do what the Juice Box does but it didn't.

That's why I still have it. Found it in the rafters in the garage about 6 months ago. Everything I had back then that worked was sold, traded or lost to pawn.

Searched some info and found that it was blowing transformers. So now it's a cool looking paperweight.

Anyway, this is why I come here to the Gibson forums. There is so much knowledge here without the arrogance that exists on some other forums.

Thanks again,

-Mike

I still have an old Tom Scholz Power Soak from the '70s that claimed to do what the Juice Box does but it didn't.

I remember those things! [biggrin] Partially responsible for the 80's "bumble bees fighting in a tin can" tone. [scared]

Archived