Gibson Brands Forums

Rewire LPC

Zeppeholic

Ok, well that's all fine. Glad to see you know what you're letting yourself in for.

I've just had a very quick look on the 'bay and there are currently a couple of 3-p'up Black Beauties in the $3,500 - $3,700 range and the cheapest is actually an R7 so you should be able to get one at the lower end of the price-range you mention.

I wish you good luck in your quest!

[thumbup]

P.

That's what I was looking at, all the 3-pups I've seen are R7's, thank you though, I appreciate the support

If you can't afford a used 3 pup LP, then you certainly can't afford to have a 2 pup modified by Gibson.

If you can find a good local luthier that will do it (some won't want to route out a LP top) they would not charge as much - a little profit on the parts, and their labor charge.

The bigger question is why?? Of all the infinite rock n roll Gods that played LPs only Frampton comes to mind as someone who used a 3 pup model. Is a third pickup really going to make you a better player or get you a recording contract (do those still exist?) or make your band the headliner?

If 3 pups is truly essential to your tone and sound maybe you should just consider a Stratocaster - they are quite a bit cheaper and don't require any modification.

If you can't afford a used 3 pup LP, then you certainly can't afford to have a 2 pup modified by Gibson.

If you can find a good local luthier that will do it (some won't want to route out a LP top) they would not charge as much - a little profit on the parts, and their labor charge.

The bigger question is why?? Of all the infinite rock n roll Gods that played LPs only Frampton comes to mind as someone who used a 3 pup model. Is a third pickup really going to make you a better player or get you a recording contract (do those still exist?) or make your band the headliner?

If 3 pups is truly essential to your tone and sound maybe you should just consider a Stratocaster - they are quite a bit cheaper and don't require any modification.

Um, Jimmy Page had a 3 pup LPC. I want something similar to that, not because he owned the same looking guitar, but because that's what I like and want and am comfortable with

you're asking me WHY I want a 3 pup LPC? because I want one. I want the tones it offers. Why do people want a Farrari? It doesn't matter what I get out of it, that's none of your business. Strats don't satisfy me, I don't like them. I want a LPC BB with three pickups and a bigsby because it will last a long time, looks gorgeous and allows me to experiment with tones and the vibrato. Why do you have a problem with that?

Archived