Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 different from current model

Mainmiguel

Hi guys,

I've been offered a J-45 which looks and sounds really nice. However, it's a little different from the current model and I'm hoping somebody can tell me why!

The serial number is 00753055 which I think dates it to Bozeman, March 2003. However it has white tuning pegs, orange sticker and white nut which are all different from the current J-45. Also, the logo is gold-colored instead of MOP and the logo on the case has the phrase, "Tone, feel, appearance" which is not on new cases. It is fitted with a transducer but no volume control so is not the current L R Baggs unit. When did these changes take place? Is it a variation on the standard model J-45?

Really hoping you can help.

Hi guys,

I've been offered a J-45 which looks and sounds really nice. However, it's a little different from the current model and I'm hoping somebody can tell me why!

The serial number is 00753055 which I think dates it to Bozeman, March 2003. However it has white tuning pegs, orange sticker and white nut which are all different from the current J-45. Also, the logo is gold-colored instead of MOP and the logo on the case has the phrase, "Tone, feel, appearance" which is not on new cases. It is fitted with a transducer but no volume control so is not the current L R Baggs unit. When did these changes take place? Is it a variation on the standard model J-45?

Really hoping you can help.

Sounds exactly like my j45 historic.try googling those and see if it matches

Archived