Gibson Brands Forums

j45 historic owners

blindboygrunt

As you might have spotted from my reply to the other post about Historic J45s, there is now one in Norwich in the hands of a very good busker. First time I've seen/heard him. I had to do a double-take when I saw the Gibson logo. I'd assumed he was about to go with an Epiphone version, though the choice of a slopeshoulder was interesting enough to make me look more closely. Although he was amped up, the difference in sound compared with all the other buskers around (also amped up), was significant. Much more rounded and full. Very, very nice. Don't think I'd dare take the Woody out in that environment, though it would be interesting to see how the Baggs fares in such circumstances. I've only ever played it through a small valve amp to make sure it works. Sounded OK, but no idea what it really would sound like live. This guy's Historic sounded the business. Lots of pedals around mind, so not sure what the full signal chain was. He was only really strumming and singing, but his whole set-up just lifted him above all the competition.

Does yours have a 1.725 nut, BBG, or is it 1 11/16?

As you might have spotted from my reply to the other post about Historic J45s, there is now one in Norwich in the hands of a very good busker. First time I've seen/heard him. I had to do a double-take when I saw the Gibson logo. I'd assumed he was about to go with an Epiphone version, though the choice of a slopeshoulder was interesting enough to make me look more closely. Although he was amped up, the difference in sound compared with all the other buskers around (also amped up), was significant. Much more rounded and full. Very, very nice. Don't think I'd dare take the Woody out in that environment, though it would be interesting to see how the Baggs fares in such circumstances. I've only ever played it through a small valve amp to make sure it works. Sounded OK, but no idea what it really would sound like live. This guy's Historic sounded the business. Lots of pedals around mind, so not sure what the full signal chain was. He was only really strumming and singing, but his whole set-up just lifted him above all the competition.

Does yours have a 1.725 nut, BBG, or is it 1 11/16?

Honestly mojo ? I haven't got the slightest clue

To be honest, I don't know where to measure exactly. 44mm is pretty well 1.725 which is the current Gibson spec for most acoustics. I'd read somewhere that some of the Bozeman models before the current generation had slightly narrower nuts. Seems yours is nice and wide though.

To be honest, I don't know where to measure exactly. 44mm is pretty well 1.725 which is the current Gibson spec for most acoustics. I'd read somewhere that some of the Bozeman models before the current generation had slightly narrower nuts. Seems yours is nice and wide though.

Doesn't feel overly wide to me but then before I had this I played I lowdeny thing and the Gibson is narrower than it . now if i lift the lowden it feels funny for a while.

Hi there,

I think you already know, that I own a HC J-45 too.

Serial is 00245016

back than there only was one hog j-45 in the gibson line-up, the good old days before the marketing department went crazy, wait, probably the hc sticker was a first sign of confusion to come.

IMG_0100.jpg

Archived