Gibson Brands Forums

Power Supply Question for Ditto Looper

kidblast

so I figured I'd try one of these out.

what I didn't know, is this will not run on a battery, and it does not come (Naturally) with a power supply

What are you guys using? I have a few 9v 200MA but this one is rated at 100MA. (Of course...).

I'm not an electronics wiz when it comes to this, but I'm thinking, over time,, this wont be good..

This may be going back... But I wanna give it a chance.. I think anyway..

If your supply is labelled 9V 200mA, it means it can deliver 200mA at 9V. If your pedal is labelled 9V 100mA it means it will draw 100mA at 9V. So, you're all set to go.

To simplify things, you can't force more current (that's the mA)into a load(that's your pedal). The load will draw what it wants from the power supply when run at a certain voltage (that's the V). So the rule is that the supply can deliver more than what the total load will draw.

So, you match the V's, and make sure the mA on the supply is bigger than on the load!

Yea, that's the answer, while some pedals like Fuzz and Overdrive can produce different sounds if you "starve them" for juice this looper and most pedals must be run at the right mA.

They actually sell a little device with a potentiometer and probably some resistors to simulate a dying battery to get certain sounds of some pedals.

so I figured I'd try one of these out.

what I didn't know, is this will not run on a battery, and it does not come (Naturally) with a power supply

What are you guys using? I have a few 9v 200MA but this one is rated at 100MA. (Of course...).

I'm not an electronics wiz when it comes to this, but I'm thinking, over time,, this wont be good..

This may be going back... But I wanna give it a chance.. I think anyway..

Lol,, I did the exact same thing kidblast.

I was miffed the damn thing didn't come with a power supply.

I found the owners manual online and downloaded the pdf.

As Sho said you are good to go. Just make sure your power supply is center=negative.

There is polarity on them. Look for the symbol.

I have a 500mA one and it works just fine. 7 bucks at a radio supply house.

1 – Power input

This is a standard 5.5/2.1 mm DC plug (centre = negative). To

power up Ditto Looper, connect a power supply to its power

input socket. Ditto Looper requires a 9 V power supply providing

100 mA or more (not supplied).

To minimize hum, use a power supply with isolated outputs.

Here's a link to the manual.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/1633414/tc_ditto_looper_manual_english.pdf

Archived