Gibson Brands Forums

"Vintage Jack"

duluthdan

Dan,

Years ago I owned a Martin CEO4R, and I tried the K&K mini in it, with the vintage jack. I did the install. It worked exactly the same, but you need an 1/8th to 1/4 inch adapter chord to go into amps/PAs. First those cords are small and thin, and tend to be not robust. Second, they create another loose connection point, where static can ensue. The setup was fine for me in my basement - not moving around. If I were an active gigger I am not confident you wouldn't have more pops etc.; you might be better served without the vintage jack.

1381115534[/url]' post='1434543']

http://www.tapastrin...vintagejack.htm

Any experience with these? I have a guitar that is in need of a pickup, but I do not want to drill out the endpin. Anyone use these?

Hey Dan, are you talking about your Sj200? I'm asking 'cause I think that you should enlarge the hole in any case, on gibson acoustics the endpin hole is very small (just the space needed for an expansion plug and his screw), and the Vintage Jack it seems a little oversized to my eyes...

Hey Dan, are you talking about your Sj200? I'm asking 'cause I think that you should enlarge the hole in any case, on gibson acoustics the endpin hole is very small (just the space needed for an expansion plug and his screw), and the Vintage Jack it seems a little oversized to my eyes...

The SJ-200 that I bought from Ren is not a candidate for any modifications. This is potentially for the Martin D-18 Authentic.

1381150364[/url]' post='1434673']

The SJ-200 that I bought from Ren is not a candidate for any modifications. This is potentially for the Martin D-18 Authentic.

You're right Dan, it would be a shame! I believe you'll have no problem to install the vintage jack on a martin.

I have a 1999 Martin HD-28V that I installed the K&K mini pickups in and I bought the Vintage Jack and love it. It was easy to install and I have had no problems with it. And of course the beauty of it is you don't have to drill a big hole in your guitar. Nice invention!

Archived