Gibson Brands Forums

Bonnamassa Les Paul

Rob_J

Thanks for the reports. I had seen one previously in a music store and it looked really good but I didn't play it, so had no idea what the neck was like. I don't have small hands, but large chunky necks and I don't get along.

Thanks for the reports. I had seen one previously in a music store and it looked really good but I didn't play it, so had no idea what the neck was like. I don't have small hands, but large chunky necks and I don't get along.

I've found it's best to be flexible in neck sizes, otherwise you pass up a lot of great guitars. You can learn to adapt to a variety of necks if you want to.

I do own the Joe Bonamassa LP...along with an Epi Standard LP and Epi 339...I agree that the neck is huge but I got used to it real quick. My JB has a great neck and I actually had to raise the action a little...my Standard's neck is much narrower but the 339 seems to be a little wider...I have no issues switching between any of them.

The JB was a great buy considering it included the Gibson pickups and a HSC but you could buy an Epi LP and upgrade it for about the same cost....I'm a sucker for Goldtops and also had an Epi 56' Goldtop w/ P90's that I regret selling...so the JB was a great fit....I got one of the first run models and it is a keeper...later.

cowboy123

Archived