Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Tribute Plus L.P. bridge size

rednefceleb

Are Gibson Les Paul and Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Tunomatic bridges the same dimensions? I would like to upgrade at least the saddles to brass. Thanks.

Gibson USA uses a Nashville bridge. Epi uses its version of the ABR1. They are not a direct replacement.

No, Gibson parts are 'imperial' - Epi parts are 'metric'

eventually you need adaptor-studs

Interestingly it is just vice versa on mine. My Gibsons use metric parts, my Epiphone Tribute LP came with imperial ones.

That would be another "first" :o

you really have strange guitars.... :-k

search for parts at stewmac and you'll see what they say

they might have sold the wrong parts over the last decades

and nobody had complained

All my Gibson Nashville Tune-O-Matic posts are M5 (5 mm), and Schaller STMC M5 parts match their bushings.

My Epi's both bridge and tailpiece posts are 5/16 ".

Gibson USA tailpiece studs from (in my case) 1973 to 2013 are M8 x 1 (8 mm diameter, 1 mm flank lead, which means fine pitch thread). The Gibson M5 and M8 x 1 threads apply to eight Gibson USA guitars of mine each. My hardtail Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul has the same historic 5/16 " tailpiece threads as my Epiphone which sadly makes their both bushings unsuitable for the metric TP-6 studs. The historic bridge posts on it are 1/8 ".

I just confirmed by measurements with a caliper, and I can't suppose that these dimensions would appear on my guitars only...

Interestingly it is just vice versa on mine. My Gibsons use metric parts, my Epiphone Tribute LP came with imperial ones.

I have to correct this: My Gibson USA guitars have metric threads on bridges and tailpieces, my Gibson Custom Shop and Epiphone guitars imperial.

That would be another "first" :o

you really have strange guitars.... :-k

search for parts at stewmac and you'll see what they say

they might have sold the wrong parts over the last decades

and nobody had complained

No problem here, at Thomann they sell most parts with correct specs listed. ;)

• 1 month later...

All my Gibson Nashville Tune-O-Matic posts are M5 (5 mm), and Schaller STMC M5 parts match their bushings.

My Epi's both bridge and tailpiece posts are 5/16 ".

Gibson USA tailpiece studs from (in my case) 1973 to 2013 are M8 x 1 (8 mm diameter, 1 mm flank lead, which means fine pitch thread). The Gibson M5 and M8 x 1 threads apply to eight Gibson USA guitars of mine each. My hardtail Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul has the same historic 5/16 " tailpiece threads as my Epiphone which sadly makes their both bushings unsuitable for the metric TP-6 studs. The historic bridge posts on it are 1/8 ".

I just confirmed by measurements with a caliper, and I can't suppose that these dimensions would appear on my guitars only...

Hi Capmaster,

Just as a matter of interest do you know whether the Chinese "Epiphone" TP6 tailpieces sold on ebay are metric (direct copies of Gibson)or imperial (in which case they would fit Epiphone guitars)?

Hi Capmaster,

Just as a matter of interest do you know whether the Chinese "Epiphone" TP6 tailpieces sold on ebay are metric (direct copies of Gibson)or imperial (in which case they would fit Epiphone guitars)?

Hello Pin,

can you provide a link to the offer you are referring to, please?

Hello Pin,

can you provide a link to the offer you are referring to, please?

Yep, sure.

But since I last looked on there, here is a guy selling them from Lithuania:

Item number: 261329816361

They are still available from Hong Kong!

EDIT: I asked a question of the seller and he says that the "Epiphone" TP6 is identical to the Gibson version so presumably will not fit Epiphone guitars.

Archived