Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J35 question...

scottnfld

Hey Guys,

I just noticed while cleaning my new j35 after a string change that i have 2 small indentations in my guitar top where it would be attached to the tail/end block (Ghosting??). Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if this is something i should be concerned with down the road?

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks for the replies guys. I've kept the guitar at 49% humidity in the case since i got it 2 months ago but i'm gonna bring it to the shop this week just to make sure its nothing to be concerned about....hopefully its all good.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott;

Just so you know. No one is going to be able to give you a diagnosis without seeing your guitar. Check the Gibson web page and look for Authorized Gibson repair stations. Find the one closest to you and get an expert opinion. This is not a normal situation and visiting a Taylor website is just not going to be your answer. If your local dealer is not an authorized repair station then you need to find one for the evaluation. While you're at it contact the Gibson warranty center and maybe they will help you as well. They are very good and can help you thru this. They will have a list of warranty repair stations and help you find the right guy. Good luck and keep us posted on your results. Taylor website indeed????

Hi Scott;

Just so you know. No one is going to be able to give you a diagnosis without seeing your guitar. Check the Gibson web page and look for Authorized Gibson repair stations. Find the one closest to you and get an expert opinion. This is not a normal situation and visiting a Taylor website is just not going to be your answer. If your local dealer is not an authorized repair station then you need to find one for the evaluation. While you're at it contact the Gibson warranty center and maybe they will help you as well. They are very good and can help you thru this. They will have a list of warranty repair stations and help you find the right guy. Good luck and keep us posted on your results. Taylor website indeed????

Hey Hogeye,

Thanks for your reply. While i wasn't looking for a diagnosis on my J35 from the board i just thought i'd throw it out there to see if anyone had any experience with the same issue. I already have contacted the gibson warranty repair shop here in town and hope to bring it to them this week to see whats going on with the guitar as you said its 'definitely not normal'. I'll keep you posted on what i find out....

Cheers,

scott

Hey what's up man

Congrats on the J35 man, those are sweet guitars and I dig the CORRECT pickguard placement that shows off the rosette as well as the cool banner headstock.

Anyhoo, when I read your OP it sounded familiar...

Check this thread out man, http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/103889-question-about-dimples-on-top-by-tailblock/page__p__1404094

Look at the pic in the link and tell me that's what yours is doing. Like I state in the link, I have a 2013 Dove bought in April and it showed those dimples a month later. Consensus seems that it's normal and doesn't affect playing. Since it happened nothing else has changed on the guitar, those dimples have not gotten worse they are the same. Which is to say they are just a little slight ridge under a thumb and only are seem when the light catches the guitar just right.

Hey what's up man

Congrats on the J35 man, those are sweet guitars and I dig the CORRECT pickguard placement that shows off the rosette as well as the cool banner headstock.

Anyhoo, when I read your OP it sounded familiar...

Check this thread out man, http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/103889-question-about-dimples-on-top-by-tailblock/page__p__1404094

Look at the pic in the link and tell me that's what yours is doing. Like I state in the link, I have a 2013 Dove bought in April and it showed those dimples a month later. Consensus seems that it's normal and doesn't affect playing. Since it happened nothing else has changed on the guitar, those dimples have not gotten worse they are the same. Which is to say they are just a little slight ridge under a thumb and only are seem when the light catches the guitar just right.

Sounds exactly like mine daybreaker....it sure is reassuring that others have had the same experience with this with no adverse effects other than being cosmetic which I can definitely live with. This baby roars! Can't really believe how good it sounds actually, it was the pick of the litter of the 4 I demoed. Cheers man, thanks for the input.

Archived