Gibson Brands Forums

Fiddlng

jheath

Since I got my Gibson(s) and started reading around on these message boards, I just can't stop fiddling! I just ordered 3 new sets of strings (all ones that I haven't tried before), two new kinds of picks, stands, polishes. I have a box full of capos. I can't stop!!!

Trust me, I understand where you are coming from. These forums are terrible for making you want to buy things and try things. Just don't lose sight of the fact that only real practice will make you a better player. You can buy all the gadgets you want, but if you are still struggling to get through playing that nursery rhyme, they are of no use.

I am the same, lots of gear gas. I have lots of strings, capos, straps, bridge pins, saddles, maintenance tools, electronic tuners, cases, you name it. I find it's best to just buy the inexpensive stuff and have done with it. Eventually it slows down because you have most of what you can practically make use of.

My little obsession is parts. I have boxes of tuners and tuner parts, bridges, tailpieces, saddles, even the neck bolt off an old Kay-made Silvertone. Nothing more annoying than snagging an old Regal or something and not being able to string it up to see where you stand because it is missing its tuners or nut or something. But if you need one of those saddles made from a brass fret I am your guy.

Archived