Gibson Brands Forums

Good things come to those who play...

nick_s

OK, so this is more a bit of a ramble about the practice session from this passed Saturday.

We had our practice session which also happened to be my first session with my Les Paul and my little baby Vox (major props for the AD30VT, very capable amp). It was also our first session with another guitarist (friend of our bassist) and I tell you it was a blast. We had no real plans other than turn up and play and see what occurred. We ran through what was essentially an extended jam session, with the most basic of ideas of 'play some psychadelic rock', and it was pretty trippy.

Sounds soaked in reverb and a rotary effect over my slightly distorted rhythm made for some very ethereal sounds. Andys guitar was a DeArmond Starfire equipped with a Bigsby...and boy I now want a Bigsby equipped semi hollow! Ant (our bassist) also discovered a love for a short scale bass (Fender MusicMaster from the late 70's, belongs to Andy), and it truly inspired some exceptional bass playing. I experimented with some slide sounds on the Paul (using the AC30 model on the Vox), loved it.

All in all it was a very successful practice, and I think will be the beginning of some spectacular music making :)

Just wanted to share.

To me, that's what it's all about!

Sure is!

We all had 'that' feeling on the evening and talking with Ant today, we reckon we'll end up making some sweet sweet music. I've not felt like this musically since about 2005 when I was last in a band.

I've got my eyes on an Epi ES355 TV in Pelham Blue now thanks to Andy :D

Well, after weeks of trying out hopeless cases who could barely play their instruments and hadn't listened to any songs requested, we finally came across two great musicians with no egos. We jammed 13 songs on the first night. Got our first gig next month, 24 songs! In fact, I'm the biggest ego there...! (But I am the lead singer.) :rolleyes:

Archived