Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Delux

macoshark

I got a 2013 cherry Dot from GC. After having a pro give it a good setup, which it needed, I think it's my best guit (not that I've got a big collection or anything). I kinda wish I'd gotten the deluxe, but my cherry's a beauty. I'd say get it!

Cougar- Yeah, Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you like your new Cherry Dot. I know a couple of the guys here have the Deluxe from doing research on my Sheraton. I'm trying to find out if the Deluxe has CTS pots that come standard. I guess if they do its an upgrade, I'm ignorant on the electronics and PUPs. Although want to get into it. are you just playing Epis or what? [thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...

I traded for a DOT Deluxe, and wish I hadn't turned around and traded it away. It had The improved electrics and Classic 57 pickups all stock. They may be Gibson 57's in that deluxe model (as they are in the Tributes), because they sure sounded exceptionally good! It was one sweet guitar, but joined the long list of other really sweet guitar that I never should have let go. [sad]

I'm ignorant on the electronics and PUPs. Although want to get into it. are you just playing Epis or what? [thumbup]

Yeah, all Epis: Dot, ES-339, and a nice LP Standard trans amber plustop. I'm pretty ignorant on the electronics, too, but those flamed Dot Deluxes sure look sweet.

I recently bought a lightly-used 2003 Dot Deluxe VS flame.... Great guitar....after setting up to my specs and re-seating the 9th fret.

It has inspired me to new playing due to the ease of playing and tone. Nice guitar for the bucks....

IMG_1843_zpsffd1ad98.jpg

Archived