Gibson Brands Forums

Pedals

moparguy

Does anyone know if any companies make a distortion pedal that operates like a volume pedal that lets you adjust distortion levels on the fly with your foot? Im not talking about a stomp box type pedal where its either on or off, but like a volume pedal where the actual distortion level is increased or decreased by moving the pedal. Ive seen one made by Morley but it doesn't sound that good to me and I don't think the actual pedal adjusts the distortion level. Thanks

With the Elements by Dr Scientist you can connect an expression pedal (only costs like $25) to control the blend between clean dry signal and distortion signal

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you mean but it's pretty dang cool and it's a great sounding distortion too

Because of the dynamics of distorion I do not think such pedal can exist or be of any use.

There are several "Dyna" overdrives that react a lot to the attack you put on the strings then again with a responsive amp you don't even need this or you can simply work the volume control to dial things in.

If you simply want to tweak the amount of distortion in a pedal then the options above cover it.

Archived