Gibson Brands Forums

NPD on the way

Riffster

I just could not pass it up at almost half price brand new.

Everyone needs a good booster. I never play without one. And that's a good price. I build MOSFET boosters and I've got $35 in them by the time I"m done. [thumbup]

Cool [thumbup]

Have to recommend a pedal i bought a couple of month ago. The Schaffer Replica. It's a replica of the first wireless unit. It had an compressor built in. The replica is not a wireless system only a compressor. It's sounds so cool, i have it on all the time

Here's a link if anyone is curiosMy link

Dude, that's pricey for a booster.

Anyway I've been playing with the Ibanezx booster and it does fatten the sound nicely. Overall I thought it sounded OK, better on single notes than chord rhythm. I seem to struggle with boosters or boosting my sound through overdrives.

Then I plugged my Gibson SG with '57 into my Marshall SL-5 (which seems to lack bass a little and have to run the knob all the way up) and voila that's where the Ibanez pedal shines. It turned the SG into a high-ish gain axe and the slightly lose/flubby bass notes get tightened up and fatten up at the same time. Looks like those reviewers that mentioned liking this pedal with their JCM-800 were right and well this is one of the reasons I bought this pedal, overall Im am happy with it.

Archived