Gibson Brands Forums

One More ... Dexter

BobF_

I didn't 'discover' Dexter until it was almost over. Watched the first four seasons on Netflix, then bought the box set because I didn't want to wait a couple of months for the last four seasons to hit Netflix.

An awesome show right up there with BB and Vikings, IMO.

Yes, some of the scenarios were a stretch ... but for me, it was pure fantasy!!!

I've watched Dexter. Whilst I thought the first few seasons were really good, I found them to get a bit more stale and uninteresting towards the end. My favourite tv of the past few years is breaking bad

I watched Dexter for one season I think and then lost track. I liked it a lot but just kind of got caught up in other things and forgot about it.

Not to hi-jack the thread, and I know I joked in your other topic, but IMO "The Wire" was still the best show ever. At least the first 3 Seasons. I can't believe Idris Elba never won anything for his portrayal of Stringer Bell! [thumbdn] The last 2 seasons were still very good, but I thought they started thinking they might get better ratings by getting a little too cute with the plots. I say "plots" because there was always multiple story lines all intertwining together. It showed a cause-and-effect connection type thing all the way from a hobo on the street to the City Hall. It was the first show I can think of that showed (without glorifying) the drug dealers as a product of where they grew up and with problems of their own, rather than the good-guy bad-guy aspect of most cop dramas.

I would post a clip or two, but it would be full over language that might not be appropriate. :rolleyes:

I watched Dexter for one season I think and then lost track. I liked it a lot but just kind of got caught up in other things and forgot about it.

Not to hi-jack the thread, and I know I joked in your other topic, but IMO "The Wire" was still the best show ever. At least the first 3 Seasons. I can't believe Idris Elba never won anything for his portrayal of Stringer Bell! [thumbdn] The last 2 seasons were still very good, but I thought they started thinking they might get better ratings by getting a little too cute with the plots. I say "plots" because there was always multiple story lines all intertwining together. It showed a cause-and-effect connection type thing all the way from a hobo on the street to the City Hall. It was the first show I can think of that showed (without glorifying) the drug dealers as a product of where they grew up and with problems of their own, rather than the good-guy bad-guy aspect of most cop dramas.

I would post a clip or two, but it would be full over language that might not be appropriate. :rolleyes:

I'll make sure I check out "The Wire" ...

Archived