Gibson Brands Forums

"EPI" ES-175

mgrasso

I'd play that. I think it looks cool and it looks to be in pretty good shape msp_thumbup.gif Not a bad price for an oddball Epiphone jazz type guitar. Got any tunes you'd play that could use the 2 extra frets ?msp_smile.gif Set up for slide/blues ??? I've got way too many guitarseusa_doh.gif but that looks nice, to me, even with 22 fretsmsp_cool.gifmsp_sleep.gif

I'd play that. I think it looks cool and it looks to be in pretty good shape msp_thumbup.gif Not a bad price for an oddball Epiphone jazz type guitar. Got any tunes you'd play that could use the 2 extra frets ?msp_smile.gif Set up for slide/blues ??? I've got way too many guitarseusa_doh.gif but that looks nice, to me, even with 22 fretsmsp_cool.gifmsp_sleep.gif

My thumbdown comment was not intended for the guitar as such but for calling it an ES-175. It is a different beast in my opinion, although I don't have an idea which one up to now. [rolleyes]

What is the "scale length", neck radius and neck width on that ? Would it be called a "long scale" ES-175 or would that be 24 frets ? lolmsp_biggrin.gif I dig the truss rod cover.msp_smile.gif

I dunno...

MF had an Epi es175 version for about $500 as I recall without a case.

It got good reviews and was "epiphone" rather than "epi."

Not sure, but I think I'd prefer a new Joe Pass at about the same tag.

m

• 1 month later...

Here's links to the unofficial wiki pages: Epi-Series Archtops and ES-Series.

And, slightly off-topic... I have a 'proper' ES - 20 frets, full logo, Grovers... but oddly with no pickguard or evidence to suggest one has ever been mounted. I asked Gibson whether they were supplied with an unmounted guard included in the case, to which the response was 'they were supplied mounted'.

Archived