Gibson Brands Forums

frets

jpaskell

Newbe question.

What's the difference between "Jumbo Frets" and "Medium Jumbo Frets"

My es339 has medium jumbo frets and some others (fender) have jumbo frets and I was just wondering what the difference was.

Thanks,

Jim

Newbe question.

What's the difference between "Jumbo Frets" and "Medium Jumbo Frets"

My es339 has medium jumbo frets and some others (fender) have jumbo frets and I was just wondering what the difference was.

Thanks,

Jim

Good question. Rather than go into a long explanation, have a look at this video. When you're done you'll be an expert. msp_biggrin.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2VNlmFqNs

PS. According to the specs, the ES-339 Pro and Ultra models come with 22 jumbo frets. http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2011/The-All-New-Epiphone-ES-339-and-Ultra-339.aspx

You might want to double check the specs on yours. I know my Epi Les Paul has medium jumbo frets.

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks guys,

I watched the video (recommend at least three cups of strong coffe first). I think I understand and appreciate you help.

I did not realize it was more to do with style of play, fret hight, and sound produced.

I am happy with the medium jumbos on my ES339 and not a lively as the guy in the video, I really just wondered.

Thanks again,

Jim

Thanks guys,

I watched the video (recommend at least three cups of strong coffe first). I think I understand and appreciate you help.

I did not realize it was more to do with style of play, fret hight, and sound produced.

I am happy with the medium jumbos on my ES339 and not a lively as the guy in the video, I really just wondered.

Thanks again,

Jim

Now Jim, have another cup of coffee, take a deep breath, and start enjoying that wonderful guitar of yours. I hope you have many good years playing it.

Cheers

Wayne

Archived