Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Es-175 in Natural and Ebony

mgrasso

No photos yet, but Guitar Center and Musician's Friend is advertising the 175 in Ebony, Natural and Vintage Sunburst.

GC Link

I think the $899 price tag is a bit steep with out a case, but I am very interested in the Natural.

Edit:

I found photos on Anderton's site in the UK - Anderton's Link

For $899, thy could have used a flamed veneer on the back. IMO

The price tag is quite a bit up from what the Epi 175 was listed for a cupla years ago - at that time it was less than the Joe Pass, as I recall.

Maple neck on this one too stedda the former hog - and hog on Gibbies... dunno what that means. At least it's the 24 3/4 scale 22-fret according to the pix. The Joe Pass also has a maple neck. Hmmmmmm.....

m

I have a 2010 model i like it a lot . I got it for 399.00 used with case and it is flawless . i just had to put the e back on the pick guard . Your first $1000. epi with case . as they get in demand the price will to .

Well we seem to have the usual disagreement between stores as to what the spec is, and nothing on the Epiphone site as far as I can see. GC and MF say maple neck and Alnico Classics, Andertons says mahogany neck and Gibson 57 Classics. Bit of a difference. But Andertons do specify, "USA Pickups! Epiphone Club Guitar only available from 10 stores in Europe!"

Andertons also say colour availability is Natural, Ebony, VSB, and Wine Red (!!!) That could either be especially nice, or too much. And they say "Aged Laquer". We'll have to wait and see what this means. Chances of it being Nitro are pretty slim.

Edited a lot; my country settings were stopping me seeing it on the GC and MF sites.

Yeah... the US ref sez maple - which again is what the Joe Pass has. It's not that it's bad or good one way or another.

Another interesting factor, though, is the discussion on the acoustic side of the Epi forums with reference to the Masterbuilt series.

Those hugely fine Epi flattops were dropped - as the Epi 175 had been dropped a while ago - and the feeling seems among the Epi acoustic folk that it's 'cuz they simply were too good for an Epi label and therefore didn't sell all that well.

Yeah, for $1,000 US with a case... it's more cash than some equivalent rivals from the Epi JP to such as the twin pup Eastman that's very nice too. Gretsch's full hollow... etc.

So it'll be interesting to see how it flies regardless of the neck material.

m

Yeah... the US ref sez maple - which again is what the Joe Pass has. It's not that it's bad or good one way or another.

I've always been content with the maple neck on my Sheraton, but some folk swear that's the difference between it and a 335.

I've also found it on Dawsons, and the stores that have it refer to it as one of the 'eClub' line, which also has other goodies, including the Les Paul florentines. ES339 with P90's anyone?

1405117736[/url]' post='1539967']

Coda Music have them, and also state Gibby pickups and "aged vintage laquer". And here's the Wine Red:

ET17WRNH3.jpg

Now that is one pretty 175.

I would spend $1K on that. Nice to see our European brothers getting a special treat.

Archived