Gibson Brands Forums

New (vintage) fuzz restoration project

Dub-T-123

You own one? Looks like the DAM made reissue. Gotta love a good MKII

Yes that is a picture of mine. I took a gut shot and will post mine first & then the gut shot shown on the Sola Sound DAM website. As an electronic technical expert- maybe you can tell me why there appears to be a difference between the two as far as the components go. Here ya go:

SolaSoundMK11gutshot_zpsb95345f0.jpg

And then this is the one shown on the Sola Sound DAM website:

SS_MKI_09_site_zpsf0b8fe88.jpg

Ahh. Yours seems to be one of the earlier reissues from before DAM taking over Sola Sound.

The main difference between your reissue and an original MKII or the DAM reissue is that yours is a two transistor circuit, more like the MK1.5 Bender or Fuzz Face.

So your reissue is missing one gain stage from a "true" MKII, though it should sound great and have plenty of gain

I think Jimmy Page used this type of reissue for his demonstration in "It Might Get Loud"

I was on the wait list to buy a DAM/SolaSound MKII reissue but when the time came I didn't feel like shelling out the $550 :0

Ahh. Yours seems to be one of the earlier reissues from before DAM taking over Sola Sound.

The main difference between your reissue and an original MKII or the DAM reissue is that yours is a two transistor circuit, more like the MK1.5 Bender or Fuzz Face.

So your reissue is missing one gain stage from a "true" MKII, though it should sound great and have plenty of gain

I think Jimmy Page used this type of reissue for his demonstration in "It Might Get Loud"

I was on the wait list to buy a DAM/SolaSound MKII reissue but when the time came I didn't feel like shelling out the $550 :0

Wow thanks for the info! It really does sound great. I don't know why but I find it funny to see such a small circuit board in such a large pedal. [biggrin]

Archived