Gibson Brands Forums

The N-225 with the new mod

Levism

I had a post in the other models section but I thought this maybe deserved a little lounge attention. This guitar has gone through a couple modifications since I bought it last year. Originally I wasn't very happy with the neck dive (almost played like a bass) and the guitar was going out of tune just by looking at it. I really liked the new model and weight so I took a chance on moving a couple things. Here is a picture of it originally.

80e58ae1916b8bbb09134cdcd2d627ca_zpsb5eccacf.jpg

I moved the strap button to balance it and it worked great. Then After months of debate I decided to get rid of the vibrola which I attributed to the guitar going out of tune and ordered up a black Bigsby. There is a small hole where the vibrato was screwed in that I will consider filling later. After player her for a couple hours last night I have to say that I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

0440d829e72adcfa2caf930a5949154f_zps32b035cf.jpg

554c7cd95f85bdbbca73a0a7fb894a60_zpsa8bc0c9d.jpg

d650bb7a0a43a0959c1dcbf0da1bbc2e_zps7838eab6.jpg

e7a7f425abc57365b9d45efbf0104bcc_zps4756308f.jpg

Its a shame at that price point that you had to make any changes at all just to keep it in tune and to balance it for neck dive. It makes me wonder some times - as this is not the first or the last Gibson model to need things improved on a functionality basis - if Gibson R&D folks design this stuff and when the prototype hits their desk - do they just "sit" with the guitar and not check it for balance or see if there's a problem with it staying in tune? Jeez. [unsure]

On a brighter not - it looks killer! And I agree with Bence - you shouldn't have posted that silverburst ES. All we need to know now is your home address and when you're gone at work. [flapper][biggrin]

Archived