Gibson Brands Forums

Info for a story

Johnny 6 String

Hello All;

Looking for some advice for a story. My wife is a writer and aspiring novelist. One of her current projects involves a band and various people interacting with it members. She posed a question to me that I didn't know the answer to but I am sure that some of you in this fabulous community will be able to answer.

So here goes, the band in her story is going on a European tour and she wanted to know if band swag was brought with the band, shipped over before hand, or made up over seas to be picked up at the start of the tour?

Appreciate the input from those of you experienced in this situation.

Thanks

Johnny

I assume your definition of "swag" refers to merch? for the fans? I would do whatever is most cost effective to produce/distribute "swag" May entail a bit of legwork to get that running,,maybe take a straw poll from the fans as to what they may want ahead of time so your on target for what they would dig. Just a thought. http://www.yourdictionary.com/swag

Yes Rabs and 10K-DB I am meaning stuff for the fans to buy as well as stuff to give away. (shirts, hats, stickers, etc, etc)

LOL for the link 10K, as I said the wife is the writer not me.

Just trying to help her out with her story as she does want it to be believable and I had no idea what non-established touring bands did for this type of thing. I well imagine that big names have the stuff cranked out by the thousands and shipped all over.

Thanks

Johnny

Archived