Gibson Brands Forums

HNAD

ArgonautIOI

I can imagine a 212 R would be quite loud indeed. I've had 2 of the 25R amps and it is pretty loud, but I'm sure it's not the screamer like the 212 R Even though it is a SS amp, I think they sound great. I presently use mine with the Boss E-Band thing and the "Vaporizer" amp. Man, does that combination sound great ...to me

Hey, I also picked up that newly released Epiphone "Century" amp. Check it out. Thing sounds great. It has 3 inputs (Bright, normal, dark). I was playing my Ibanez classical though it. On the "dark" input, man does it sound...perfect...Well, enjoy your 212 R..If you are able, .get a multi effects pedal for it, the thing only has reverb. A multi effects pedal works great with this amp (well, it did for me) msp_thumbup.gif and they are fun as heck , everyone should have a fewmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

epigre1_zpsd5063ee1.jpg

Hey, I also picked up that newly released Epiphone "Century" amp. Check it out. Thing sounds great. It has 3 inputs (Bright, normal, dark). I was playing mu Ibanez classical though it. On the "dark" input, man does it sound...perfect...Well, enjoy your 212 R..If you are able, .get a multi effects pedal for it, the thing only has reverb. A multi effects pedal works great with this amp (well, it did for me) msp_thumbup.gif and they are fun as heck , everyone should have a fewmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

epigre1_zpsd5063ee1.jpg

I have a Digitech RP355 I use for multi-effects and I go straight into the PWR-IN jack so I bypass the preamp, but the straight sound out of this amp is great. the cleans are really good, but it is LOOOOOOOUUUUD and I mean on 4 it was shaking stuff on the walls [scared], the cat was hiding and my wife was chewing my backside. I have to keep it at 1 1/2 to keep it reasonable because I am in a condo.

ArGo [thumbup]

How do you like that vaporizor crust? Ive thought about buying one

Get one, I think its a great sounding amp. The "vaporizer boost" thing gives the amp more "oomph"..lol It sounds different, but still a great tone. I think this amp is geared more for metal and other type loud electric guitar "music". I haven't tried my classical (acoustic electric) through it yet, but I'll venture to say it will sound great (I'm not sure what it will sound like in "vaporizer" mode thoughmsp_mellow.gifmsp_biggrin.gif)...Also, no other effects, but the few effect pedals I hooked up to it worked and sounded fine, just like they are supposed to msp_thumbup.gif

Archived