Gibson Brands Forums

New AC/DC album coming real soon

Rabs

Im looking forward to the new album. Still so sad about Malcolm, but hey id rather the rest of them carry on in his name than no more AC/DC.. If they come over here on the tour I GOTTA go to that.. Who knows, it could be their last??

rockorbust_0_zpscbc2e353.jpg

From AC/DCs official site http://www.acdc.com/us/news/new-album-out-december-2

Rock or Bust, the highly anticipated new studio album from AC/DC, will be released December 2, 2014. Featuring 11 new tracks and recorded in Spring 2014 at Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, BC, 'Rock or Bust' finds AC/DC once again working with producer Brendan OBrien and mixer Mike Fraser.

Rock or Bust is the first AC/DC album in the bands 41 year history without founding member Malcolm Young on the recordings. Earlier this year AC/DC released a statement explaining that due to illness, Malcolm would be taking a break from the band. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Malcolms condition, he will not be returning to the band. AC/DC will undertake a world tour in support of Rock or Bust in 2015. Stevie Young, nephew of founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, plays rhythm guitar on 'Rock or Bust' and will accompany the band on tour.

Starting September 27, Turner Sports will provide fans a sneak peek of the new track Play Ball as part of the 2014 Major League Baseball Postseason campaign. Check back here for more.

which is of course on youtube already [rolleyes]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umkz89Fohjs

I read this earlier today, sad news about Malcolm but not a surprise anymore.

I am looking forward to the album, Black Ice is an excellent record, I hope this one is as good or better.

If they come to town or nearby, I'll see them again.

Excited for the new album! Very sad to hear that Malcolm isn't returning. Hope he gets well very soon.

This was posted on the Gibson front page news about Malcolm :( Man that is sad sad news.....

In sadder news, it seems Malcolm Young – who doesn't play on the forthcoming Rock or Bust – will not be returning to the band at all. The Sydney Morning Herald reports a source close to the Young family as saying Malcolm is now in full-time care, suffering from dementia. The Herald reports:

“The Young family connection said: “If you were in the room with [Malcolm Young] and walked out, then came back in one minute later, he wouldn't remember who you are. He has a complete loss of short-term memory. His wife, Linda, has put him in full-time care."

Archived