Gibson Brands Forums

Smeck - Great Sound

duluthdan

This is an astoundingly good sounding Roy Smeck. Maybe actually one of Jackson Browne's? It has the stereo Trance Audio pickup. judging by the small cable coming out the back. Is this a Stage Deluxe?

Looks like it. It's a vintage one, in beautiful condition as far as I can tell.

The neck on that guitar look wide, but probably not the original 2 inches? Wonder how that 2" neck is to play. Most of the reproductions seem to have 1 3/4 inch necks. I can't remember if Tom B's examples have that full neck or not.

The neck on that guitar look wide, but probably not the original 2 inches? Wonder how that 2" neck is to play. Most of the reproductions seem to have 1 3/4 inch necks. I can't remember if Tom B's examples have that full neck or not.

I'm pretty sure Tom B's have the 2" wide nut. I remember a video of a good friend of his--name escapes me now, but an incredible picker--playing it and commenting on how wide it was, asking if was 2". Tom just chuckled and confirmed it.

I'm pretty sure Tom B's have the 2" wide nut. I remember a video of a good friend of his--name escapes me now, but an incredible picker--playing it and commenting on how wide it was, asking if was 2". Tom just chuckled and confirmed it.

2 1/4" actually. I have several wide neck converted Hawaiians but this is the widest. Oddly, I don't find it hard to play.

Best,

-Tom

Archived