Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Strat Copy: Please Help me Idenitfy

CharmedLifePcks

Howdy, I hope I finally got the pictures to post from photobucket. If for some reason I didn't, here's the direct link for the Photobucket album of the instrument:

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/educatedguess417/library/Epiphone%20Strat%20Copy?sort=3&page=1

I found this little Epiphone strat at a garage sale and have fixed it up to resell on Craigslist. It's in very good condition.

I never knew till I stumbled across this baby that Epiphone/Gibson had gotten into the Strat copying business, but then I guess they didn't want to be the only company in the world NOT in the Strat copying business.

Anyway, could somebody help me identify this model? From my research on Ebay and elsewhere, it appears to be Epiphone model S-310. I want to make sure I've got the right model before posting and pricing it.

Thanks very much in advance. Here are the pics:

Guitarpictures334_zps390280c3.jpg

EPIFULLGUITAR_zpse1e91364.jpg

Guitarpictures354_zps63c44ce4.jpg

EPISTRATREARUPPERBODY_zps04eb473c.jpg

EPISTRATREARBODY_zpsb62099a4.jpg

EPIREAROFHEADSTOCK_zpsdc4fc6d1.jpg

EpiHeadstockBEST_zpsa685e5e4.jpg

EPIGOODSIDEANGLE_zpsee9ff723.jpg

Guitarpictures338_zps91631cf1.jpg

$250.00-$300.00...Looks like it's in good shape. Sell it to me msp_laugh.gif got the case too ?

No guitar case, Crust, just the guitar itself. I stumbled across it by accident. Do you know what model number it is? The closest pics I could find seem to match a S-310, but I'm not positive. Do you think someone at Epiphone would know (or care)??

Anyone else have a clue?

I think I read that, when Epiphone first started making guitars in Japan, they basically did knock-offs of American guitars rather than continuing the hollow body and semihollow body models.

Thanks, Jeff. This one actually has a "Made in Korea" sticker on the rear of the headstock (see picture above), so not sure of date of manufacture or model number.

All of those strat like guitars were from the "S" series.

I have three, none are very good till the 600 series. Those rock, but if the Steinberger "KB" trem goes and the guitar goes in the fireplace.

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=S-Series

Gary, thanks, yeah, I agree. These look like Fender Squires in sheep's clothing. Thanks for the link. I'll figure it out.

Archived