Gibson Brands Forums

Grantsville (recording)

BluesKing777

Sorry - no Gibson content!

It just turned Sunday Afternoon here......not the usual average person type Sunday morning - I gave my 30s National Trojan a spin, and thought it would be a good candidate to record with my Neumann mic! So a quick set up of the mixer and Mac and I did a few tracks - here is one:

Photos:

Trojan1_zps1f664bac.jpg

Trojan4_zpse38ed65d.jpg

BluesKing777.

Getting some nice tone out of the ol' National. So, what is typical mic placement for the reso- I take it's being played lap style?

Thinking road trip down South, "Deep South" U.S. should be on the BK bucket list. Highway 61, from Memphis, through Clarksdale, deeper into the delta to New Orleans. After the end of summer should do it.

Liked the recording.

Getting some nice tone out of the ol' National. So, what is typical mic placement for the reso- I take it's being played lap style?

Thinking road trip down South, "Deep South" U.S. should be on the BK bucket list. Highway 61, from Memphis, through Clarksdale, deeper into the delta to New Orleans. After the end of summer should do it.

Liked the recording.

Thanks 62!

I played with the normal guitar 'stance' and the mic in the usual 12th fret position. (my mics and stands are left set, so I can just turn the equipment to "go", but they are in the way the rest of the time! I don't want to ruin a good thing though by packing it all away.)

A road trip would be nice thanks!

BluesKing777.

Man, you do play some of the tastiest tunes here BK. I wish I could do some of that slide stuff, love it.

Thanks EA!

What's the saying: "Wish in one hand...." or the other one: "It's easy when you know how!".

No better time to start some slide than today! (though looking through your guitar list, I don't see much slide worthy guitar types, but possibly the LG2 in Open G tuning with Retro strings to cut the brightness or it may get 'squawky'.....

Some good dvds around now to learn from.... It can take a while to learn - the age of the slide players you see is a possible clue.....

BluesKing777.

Archived