Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone G1275 Doubleneck

Wizard1

On Christmas Eve i got an email from zZounds informing me that my Epiphone G 1275 Doubleneck had shipped at last ! It only has to travel from New Jersey to Virginia Beach so i will likely be getting it on Friday or Saturday at the latest. This has been on my guitar "bucket list" for quite some time. I will primarily be playing my new baby through both a Fender Super Reverb as well as my Blackstar HT Stage 60 2x12 simultaneously which is going to be great fun. Merry Christmas to you all, Rich

Well .... a computer from FedEx called Friday morning to confirm that my G-1275 would be arriving on Saturday, 12-27 .... and that it needed a signature for delivery.

But yesterday came and went with no FedEx delivery. [sad]

Now the FedEx tracking site says "No estimated delivery date available at this time." :(

I'm hoping it will update later tonight to "Delivery rescheduled for Monday, 12-29" .......... and tomorrow I awaken to "On truck, out for delivery"!! :)

Mine went back to FedEx, and I've received a refund already.

FedEx (who was contracted/paid to pack it all up) apparently didn't pack it well enough, and so now they own it (or at least are paying for it to be repaired).

It arrived with a deep crack that completely penetrated the thick finish, running from the center screw of the 6 string stop bar, all the way to the butt of the guitar (about 4" in length).

Although the particular case it came in is built like the freakin' terminator, they didn't put enough packing material 'inside' the case to completely immobilize it, and it evidently took a hefty blow that jostled it about in there too much. :(

So now I'm back on the hunt .... maybe. [confused]

Having spent a longer amount of time with one (than just visiting GC to check it out) while waiting for FedEx to come pick it up on the insurance claim, that fact that it gets 'real' heavy after standing with it for any lengthy time (a known situation, but one that was 'emphatically' reinforced) I also found it is 'really' uncomfortable (for me) to try and play sitting down.

I'm not sure if I will try again or not.

It's a way cool guitar to be sure, that IMHO is not just a novelty, and certainly worth the going prices.

I'm just not 'as' in love with it as I was before after having a few days to live with it .... out of wedlock. ;)

So ..... Maybe I'll just get a 12 string and save my back ..... and some coin. :-k

That's too bad. I've got a few broken, brand new guitars that were broken in shipping...s u c k s to say the least. No problem sending them back though. I never did get the guitar I wanted (Pelham blue SG with vibrola tremolo) A 12 string acoustic...sounds like a plan

I decided to get an Ibanez Artcore AS7312 12-String, and see how that goes.

But .... to make up for crossing enemy lines ;) ... yesterday I also ordered an Epi LP Gold Top, Ltd Ed, Traditional Pro, that has coil tapping (or splitting if you prefer) and a classic Pro Humbucker in the neck, with a ProBucker III in the bridge.

So that ought'a be fun ..... and a bit easier on my back than the G-1275.

If interested .... the LP is on sale from GC (through tomorrow) for $349 in any color they offer it in ... right here GC LP LDT Pro sale

Sorry to hear about the double-neck, but it sounds like you made up for it! Enjoy.

You know those guitars that are like two guitars??

Otto_with_guitar.png

Thanks, and yup ... thats right ..... those are the ones they needed to approve the Springfield School Budget for? ;)

Archived