Gibson Brands Forums

The Waiting is OVER!!

brad1

Next is the fretboard. My other Epis have all had just a natural rosewood board.

This has some kind of stain that is horrible. It's really more of a brown paint. It covers up the wood grain, and it comes off and gets on your fingers

and all the frets. It's almost like chalk. I have read about others who have talked about this on their fretboards, but this is my first encounter with it.

I dislike it very much. I spent some time cleaning the board, and frets, and it's a little better. Don't know why they must do that. [confused][thumbdn]

My Epi ES345 had that crap all over its fretboard too. It is all off now but took some cleaning. I don't understand it either. I have no idea what it is or what it is supposed to do (other than make your fingers very dirty).

That Wildkat is sooooo Cool...Congratz on the cool guitar..After I get my Masterbuilt, one of these will be next on my to get list. [thumbup]

Thanks, I feel the same way. It is COOL! ;)

I do believe your pic's are just fine smile.gifeusa_shifty.gif

Thank you. Fortunately that guitar looks good in any kind of light. [thumbup]

I have not experienced the fingerboard stain coming off in all my years of owning my Wildkat --- maybe they're using a different formula now. As for the master volume, it serves a very real purpose for players who frequently use both pickups together, as it allows you to balance the pickup volumes as you wish, then raise or lower the overall volume without affecting tone. Players who mostly use either the neck or bridge pickup alone may find it superfluous, but I find it very handy when using both pickups --- just like my Gretsches.

Brad, congrats on a great guitar. I've had my Wildkat for almost 4 years now, and agree with Parabar on both counts. No staining issues with the fretboard, and you'll get used to the controls. As Parabar said, it's like a Gretsch.

Brad, congrats on a great guitar. I've had my Wildkat for almost 4 years now, and agree with Parabar on both counts. No staining issues with the fretboard, and you'll get used to the controls. As Parabar said, it's like a Gretsch.

Thank you!

Congrats! I have the Wildkat in natural finish as well and absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thanks! And welcome to the forum.

I feel privileged knowing this thread was your very first post at the forum.

Stick around, it's a great place. And we can also talk about our natural Wildkats! [thumbup]

Archived