Gibson Brands Forums

Avtar?

Marshall Paul

OK, while the smart are away (at her house pulling weeds), the dumb have been at play.

I want to change my avtar pic ( Sarah picked and put the first one in), and so I thought last night, I'll give it a go myself. That was my first mistake. The second was actually trying. The pic I've got I got down to dimension and file size and I managed to erase the first pic. I then put up the new pic and hit save. No prob. Then when I go back to the lounge and my posts, it's still got my old pic there (WTF?). So I go back to the profile thingy and erase the new pic and put it back up again and save. Then, back to the posts and...the old pic is still there!

So, once again, what have I done wrong fellas and how do I finally get this new pic up?

help!! (lol)

Guest Farnsbarns

OK, while the smart are away (at her house pulling weeds), the dumb have been at play.

I want to change my avtar pic ( Sarah picked and put the first one in), and so I thought last night, I'll give it a go myself. That was my first mistake. The second was actually trying. The pic I've got I got down to dimension and file size and I managed to erase the first pic. I then put up the new pic and hit save. No prob. Then when I go back to the lounge and my posts, it's still got my old pic there (WTF?). So I go back to the profile thingy and erase the new pic and put it back up again and save. Then, back to the posts and...the old pic is still there!

So, once again, what have I done wrong fellas and how do I finally get this new pic up?

help!! (lol)

Are you updating your profile picture or your avatar. Important to know they are different. That as side, sometimes it takes a while for the cloud hosting provider/your ISP/Your computer to update cache. I've noticed before that changing avatar on thissite can take a while. I think it must be because the new image us saved with tthe same name as the old one. Buggers up caching

Guest Farnsbarns

If it is a cache thing it can usually be resolved it by holding Ctrl key down while clicking reload/refresh.

Only if it's your browser cache. On this forum in particular I've known the problem to go beyond that. I think the hosting or even IPboard itself caches the images. All you can do with that is wait.

Are you sure your avatar pic within the set limitations? . . 120 pixels by 120 pixels in size, no larger than 150 KB and a gif/jpg/jpeg/png?

If that's okay, it might take a while for the system to propagate the new image.

Have you tried logging off the forum, closing your browser, shutting down your computer, booting back up, then opening your browser and logging into the forum?

Archived