Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson T-Bird Bass ?

MrNylon

Hello Gibbers. I'm thinking about getting down to one long scale bass, a 2015 Gibson T-Bird. I'm currently using a Jazz, and a Precision for long scale play. I would appreciate any pros, or cons for changing to the T-Bird in place of the Fenders. My SG Std. is my short scale go to MONSTER, so that's not going anywhere. Thanks folks. [thumbup]

The 2015 T-Bird's pickups have a large string pull due to their big, strong AlNiCo V rod magnets. E4th and A3rd sounded bad from 8th respectively 10th fret on on my 2013 EBs. OK, nobody can identify pitch anymore, so one can play any note at any time, but none of them is right, unbearable for me. I replaced pickups of that make in my 2013 EBs and went with EMG TB-HZ. Of course, they are an option for the 2015 T-Bird, too.

In case there are 2014 T-Birds left, I would recommend trying them. On the other hand, it all depends on taste, but I'm not that optimistic for shooting out a long-scale Fender. I would consider a 2014 T-Bird as an add, not as a replacement.

Just my two cents.

Archived