Gibson Brands Forums

g force tuners reviews

lolo_guitar

Hi,

I tried the G-Force tuner out on a LP Special Doublecut last month. Seemed pretty good, but wondered how it would be to live with.

I dont change tunings these days. Its too hard on the strings.

I've seen demos of a another system that doesnt tune your strings, but alters the output signal to a tuned set.

If you don't change tunings much I would think the G-Force and MinEtune wouldn't be much more than a fun party trick. I have a Roland setup that will do software based retuning like you describe and it's very interesting. To me the G-Force is sort of the analog version of the Roland COSM tuning feature.

• 2 months later...

I stretch in new strings when I put them on and then that's about it. As Scott mentioned battery life effects the speed of tuning. I can see too that the G Force is a good but faster and tuning than the Min-Etune. I think I may want to do a video on changing strings.

Just got my 2015 LP Clasic, and the G-Force had some issues trying to do the basic single strum tune.

So I did the same thing as you ..... streched the strings, and no more problems.

I can radically detune, do a single strum ..... perfect.

Drop D .... perfect.

Open G ..... perfect.

Any alt. tuning ..... perfect.

It's all working just as advertised.

I'll put some EB SS 9-42s on it, hand stretch them, and see how that goes.

BTW: I got it from an authorized dealer for $1500 delivered .... so I'm a happy camper. :)

Archived