Gibson Brands Forums

Shery bridges =Too short to intonate?

NYDEFECT

but the truth is it is a wonderful guitar with a lot of cheap parts on it .

And that is what defines many Epiphone guitars.

Never had that problem with a Gibson.

I've never owned one, but I imagine the guitar just needs to be upgraded a little. I think GFS is a good place to start. Also try Stewart MacDonald.

It should be an OK guitar though. Many around these parts love 'em!

Hi every one sorry if this is a old subject but i need to know if any one fell into any pits while upgrading there sheraton two, i had not planned on doing a lot of upgrades but the truth is it is a wonderful guitar with a lot of cheap parts on it ..Right off the bat the epi bridge was to short to intonate the guitar proper, luckily i had a box with some bridges from other upgraded guitars .. DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE BRIDGE? or is it a sign of problems to come ?? I Really have bonded with this guitar but if this means future troubles ill send her back or have epi look at her, also i noticed that the volume pups are very abrupt , are they sub standard they seem to be alright in all other departments but would i get a very noticeable change in sound if i upgrade them.. Once i adjusted the poles on the bridge pickups i was ok with its sound BUT the neck PU is way hot and some strings still distort while others don't it isn't a very nice tone.. so do you guys think i should switch to GFS They have a nice selection of bridges that seem pretty nice and afordable(if i ever record pro again i would up grade but given where i am right now i dont know if that will happen) but those gfs seem pretty nice for Live rhythm sounds.. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated if you are tired of talking about this please send me to any past forums, the few i have found only talks about switching out PU's Thank's RD93

Sometimes the bridge saddles need to be turned around. That will give a little more room to intonate.

And that is what defines many Epiphone guitars.

Never had that problem with a Gibson.

I've never owned one, but I imagine the guitar just needs to be upgraded a little. I think GFS is a good place to start. Also try Stewart MacDonald.

It should be an OK guitar though. Many around these parts love 'em!

Thank you for your input the guitar itself is great! wonderful neck, great body with a nice sound(both acoustic and electric) it just needs some love and care , i have to say once i adjusted the poll's on the bridge pick up it really sounds nice, its been growing on me but like i said before the neck pickup must be replaced. So far i put on a GfS roller bridge(very nice bridge) a tusq XL nut, think i'll upgrade the tuners they say there 14:1 grovers they feel nice when tuning but they seem to slip, but ill change the strings one more time first could be a bad batch.Now the the bridge and nut issue has been taking care of it is GREAT! i could take it out and gig with it . thanks again for taking the time to reply RD93

Sometimes the bridge saddles need to be turned around. That will give a little more room to intonate.

You have a beautiful collection.. That was a problem(intonation) i just put a GFS roller bridge on,and a tusq xl nut it is fine now. I am also a old fender guy i notice you also are using the champion i'm using the campion 100 my gear was all stolen back in 2006 lost my 82 strat deluxe and my 50 watt jcm 900 marshal head as well as many other items. I had already decided to go solid state .(i had a custom Barry Schafer solid state as my back up and it seemed i was spending more and more time replacing parts in both the jcm and my old twin reverb and the bs custom was spending more and more time as my gig amp, and sounded great! so when it came time to get a new twin i had to pick up the champion 100 gonna add a small tube amp this summer (i hope) You really do have a beautiful collection.

You have a beautiful collection.. That was a problem(intonation) i just put a GFS roller bridge on,and a tusq xl nut it is fine now. I am also a old fender guy i notice you also are using the champion i'm using the campion 100 my gear was all stolen back in 2006 lost my 82 strat deluxe and my 50 watt jcm 900 marshal head as well as many other items. I had already decided to go solid state .(i had a custom Barry Schafer solid state as my back up and it seemed i was spending more and more time replacing parts in both the jcm and my old twin reverb and the bs custom was spending more and more time as my gig amp, and sounded great! so when it came time to get a new twin i had to pick up the champion 100 gonna add a small tube amp this summer (i hope) You really do have a beautiful collection.

Thanks. I wasn't thrilled with the Champion at first but it kind of grew on me. Cranked up it emits nice vintage Rolling Stones kind of distortion (think Brown Sugar). Sorry to hear about the stolen gear.

Archived