Gibson Brands Forums

Tommy Tedesco fans?

rocketman

So backline posted a quote from Tommy Tedesco a few days ago: "When you play for pay, congratulations - now you're a businessman!" He's was born in Niagara Falls, NY, not too far from where I live and grew up. I used to read his articles in Guitar Player magazine and he always gave great lessons and advice.

So, who's heard of him? Just wondering. If you haven't, then I encourage to google him. Here's a good start. Hands down he truly is "The Most Recorded Guitarist in History." In here you'll be amazed to see the tunes he did.

You've heard him, even if you've never heard of him.

The theme song on the rolling credits for the movie "Cool Hand Luke," with Paul Newman, was Tommy Tedesco playing the theme on guitar.

And about a million other recorded guitar projects on record and films. Before Larry Carlin and Lee Ritenour, he was recording all over L.A.

His books were also funny.

I think it would be fun to be KNOWN as a studio musician.

But having done some demo studio work about 20 years ago when every tractor shed in California was a "studio," I realized there's a nerve wracking vibe to the whole "the red light's on" deal.

I ain't wired for that.

Gimmee a roomful of drunks I can relate to. The bush-league studio guys around here were all coke heads. I guess they like that vibe.

I think it would be fun to be KNOWN as a studio musician.

But having done some demo studio work about 20 years ago when every tractor shed in California was a "studio' date='" I realized there's a nerve wracking vibe to the whole "the red light's on" deal.

I ain't wired for that.

Gimmee a roomful of drunks I can relate to. The bush-league studio guys around here were all coke heads. I guess they like that vibe.[/quote']

I hear what you're saying, but I'm comfortable in the studio playing; don't know why but I just am. I like the live vibe of a crowd too though.

Archived