Gibson Brands Forums

History lesson please...... Please help...

bongofury

Wow didn't know my last thread on Les Paul sig and hologram would get that response.

I was just wonder way all these changes for 2015 they use to offer so many more guitar options.

I know or have heard les Paul so keep him on the les paul. Not sg . I don't want to play AC/DC and have les smiling at me!!!! (Humor)

Info help please. New to all of this . I was a Drummer. ( No bad drummer jokes please. Ok just a few!!!)

1--question. Who's this new guy running Gibson??? Is he new?

2--less option in 2015 is it to build more value??

3-- Gforce . Poor business investment ? So they have to get rid of them so FORCE them on us ( get it GForce )

4--business plan ?change everything then go back say buy new retro vintage models .make more money??

5-- why the huge price increase???

Any other info or tid bits would be appreciated to get me up to speed on all this

Thanks

Bongofury

I fail to see what "help" you need or want. This reads to me like another 2015 "hate" thread, thinly disguised.

Since I can be as argumentative as the next guy:

1) No.

2) More or less value determined by the number of available models? Are there less options? I haven't seen that. If anything, all the "new" stuff for 2015 adds more option to the 2014 and 2013 stuff available just about everywhere.

3) No again. G-force might be the same or similar to Min-e-tune (or whatever), but obviously, it isn't leftover parts, because it has different branding on them.

4) What do you mean "go back"? Don't tell people you CAN'T find "retro" or "reissue" models, because that's total BS.

5) What I see, I suspect, is that RETAIL prices have changed, but actual SELLING prices aren't different. The price tags I see on the guitars are pretty much the same as I was paying 5 years ago for the same type of stuff.

Besides, EVERYTHING else has got considerably more expensive in the last 5 years, and you expect somehow guitars will not?

I fail to see what "help" you need or want. This reads to me like another 2015 "hate" thread, thinly disguised.

Since I can be as argumentative as the next guy:

1) No.

2) More or less value determined by the number of available models? Are there less options? I haven't seen that. If anything, all the "new" stuff for 2015 adds more option to the 2014 and 2013 stuff available just about everywhere.

3) No again. G-force might be the same or similar to Min-e-tune (or whatever), but obviously, it isn't leftover parts, because it has different branding on them.

4) What do you mean "go back"? Don't tell people you CAN'T find "retro" or "reissue" models, because that's total BS.

5) What I see, I suspect, is that RETAIL prices have changed, but actual SELLING prices aren't different. The price tags I see on the guitars are pretty much the same as I was paying 5 years ago for the same type of stuff.

Besides, EVERYTHING else has got considerably more expensive in the last 5 years, and you expect somehow guitars will not?

Archived