Gibson Brands Forums

detachable scratchplate

Juke50

Hi, is the detachable scratchplate available to buy? and does it fit the 2015 Gibson Studio Les Paul?

Thank you.

I don't know if it's available as a separate unit (it certainly should be; imagine the market that would want those!) but it should work with no issues on the Studio LP. You'd need the associated pickup rings for this the 'guard to attach to, though.

I found these guards on eBay; top 2 are Buy It Now, lower 2 are auctions:

Guard 1

Guard 2

Auction guard 3

Auction guard 4

But I wasn't able to find the pickup rings. It's possible that the seller only sells with the pickups.

Guest GarrettH

Currently, the removable guard and pickup rings are not available through our Gear division. I will certainly pass along the suggestion!

I don't know if it's available as a separate unit (it certainly should be; imagine the market that would want those!) but it should work with no issues on the Studio LP. You'd need the associated pickup rings for this the 'guard to attach to, though.

I found these guards on eBay; top 2 are Buy It Now, lower 2 are auctions:

Guard 1

Guard 2

Auction guard 3

Auction guard 4

But I wasn't able to find the pickup rings. It's possible that the seller only sells with the pickups.

Hi Pesh, thanks for your response, it appears the suggestion to make them available to purchase is on the cards.

Check this out:

http://www.bobbyleesignatureseries.com/

Only one thing, I have to warn you, it's a designer website, and my lame netbook almost drowned in a sea of video, music and fancy-pant animated thingies.msp_crying.gif

But look's nice to me.

Greetz!

I didn't order one, because I like mine naked. I know, I know I'm a perv.

For me some models look better with pickguard though, I love black multiply pickguard's.

Check this out:

http://www.bobbyleesignatureseries.com/

Only one thing, I have to warn you, it's a designer website, and my lame netbook almost drowned in a sea of video, music and fancy-pant animated thingies.msp_crying.gif

But look's nice to me.

Greetz!

I didn't order one, because I like mine naked. I know, I know I'm a perv.

For me some models look better with pickguard though, I love black multiply pickguard's.

My laptop struggled with this page, too. Far too much going on!

Guest Farnsbarns

Agreed! Put out a simple message not drowned in moving noisy website shite! I know a few web developers that would turn bright red at the sight of it!

And you now know another one. Ye gods, a good lesson in what not to do!

Archived