Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar courier GB to n. Ireland

blindboygrunt

Trying to get a guitar shipped from mainland UK to northern Ireland.

Unbelievably can't be done according to the major couriers. So offer 48 hour only services fit packages of this size which means pick up Thursday which means Saturday delivery which they don't do :-s

Anyone got any good solutions?

I know I am no help, but sympathetic! It works the same here - really annoying as the PO wont take guitar in box, and they tell you go to a courier. I sent a guitar to the next state and it took over 3 weeks! I bought my L-0 from another state, next state also but the other way towards FBs place and that took weeks and weeks and transferring from taxi truck to courier and all that guff.

I have got things from Elderly in Lansing Michigan to my door via Fedex in 1 week including 3 days in Customs!

So my advice - if it is a gorgeous D35 you were looking for, I would get on the ferry and go get the thing! :mellow:

BluesKing777.

Most are two hour ferries. One does it in just over an hour but only if the wind is less than about 5 mile per hour!

Plus a 4 hour drive on and onwards unless that X (tell us what it is, please, please?) guitar is at the ferry terminal in Liverpool?

Worth it to try that X!

BluesKing777.

Plus a 4 hour drive on and onwards unless that X (tell us what it is, please, please?) guitar is at the ferry terminal in Liverpool?

Worth it to try that X!

BluesKing777.

Boss at work is travelling to England this Sunday. He's gonna detour and collect the thing.

Can I wait until Monday ? No! But no choice

:'-(

Boss at work is travelling to England this Sunday. He's gonna detour and collect the thing.

Can I wait until Monday ? No! But no choice

:'-(

Boss?

Untrustworthy creatures..... :mellow:

Tell him you want to go too - he might even kick in ....nah, probably not!

BluesKing777.

Archived