Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson neck on a Martin body?

brundaddy

P.M, me on the neck you want. I have a bunch of them and can maybe be of some assistance to you. They will not be cheap. My necks are all finished and have all the logos and inlays intact. Fretboards and frets are all there.

It will take a lot of modification to your Martin as it is probably a long scale and all of my necks are Gibson's 24 3/4 inch short scale. I'm not to sure but the bridge and bridge plate might have to be moved. You might even have to adjust the X-brace. If that's the case then the top will have to be refinished and you may want to consider that the sound of your guitar will be altered dramatically as the long scale has more string length and more tension on the strings giving it a lot more power that you will sacrifice when you go to the short scale.

I can't imagine all of the trouble this will be but you sound persistent. You might try another luthier as it seems the one you are using has botched the original job requiring an additional neck reset.

Having said all of that if you still want a Gibson neck give me a PM.

It will take a lot of modification to your Martin as it is probably a long scale and all of my necks are Gibson's 24 3/4 inch short scale. I'm not to sure but the bridge and bridge plate might have to be moved. You might even have to adjust the X-brace.

Lol..."Forward shifted"

P.M, me on the neck you want. I have a bunch of them and can maybe be of some assistance to you. They will not be cheap. My necks are all finished and have all the logos and inlays intact. Fretboards and frets are all there.

It will take a lot of modification to your Martin as it is probably a long scale and all of my necks are Gibson's 24 3/4 inch short scale. I'm not to sure but the bridge and bridge plate might have to be moved. You might even have to adjust the X-brace. If that's the case then the top will have to be refinished and you may want to consider that the sound of your guitar will be altered dramatically as the long scale has more string length and more tension on the strings giving it a lot more power that you will sacrifice when you go to the short scale.

I can't imagine all of the trouble this will be but you sound persistent. You might try another luthier as it seems the one you are using has botched the original job requiring an additional neck reset.

Having said all of that if you still want a Gibson neck give me a PM.

Thanks for weighing in! Will do.

Archived