Gibson Brands Forums

Pinnacle Bridges, Anyone?

Silvercrow

Happy Friday Everyone-

Still deciding on the replacement bridge for my LP Studio. Came across these at Philadelphia Luthier; machined rather than cast, the bell brass looks interesting at $82.00. The steel ones at $109.00 ain't too bad- all a bit pricy I guess. Up around the Callaham range..

Speaking with the Tech at the company he claims I'd be more pleased with this than a Tone Pros <_< (naturally...as PhilaLuthier doesn't sell Tone Pros).

Anyway- has anyone used/ heard of these? Thoughts?

Thanks!

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/bridge-and-tailpieces/nashville-bridges/pinnacle-machined-bell-brass-nashville-tom-guitar-bridge-for-gibson-les-paul-sg/

Brian

Silvercrow...I checked out the site...no Kluson or Grover tuners either. They have Kluson "style". Very expensive also. I'll stick with StewMac.

Kluson isn't Kluson. It's a company that owns the name, the actual Kluson company went out long ago.

Those Kluson style made by Gotoh are problably real good. If they are the same ones I have (Gotoh Kluson's), they are for sure.

A couple of suggestions.

Gotoh has Nashville bridge that has a solid bottom that will resist the infamous cave in.

See the comparison below, I bought a Gotoh a few months back

FC7811F5-B5C9-4552-A01E-ABF55F1CEEF1_zpshwv0rjaw.jpg

Guitarfetish.com sells an ABR1 that fits the Nashville bridge spacing.

Unless you are looking for that steel bridge sound I'd say save some cash.

PS the guy from Philadelphia Luthiers is right, Tone pro bridges have that locking thing but I do not think they are an improvement otherwise

A couple of suggestions.

Gotoh has Nashville bridge that has a solid bottom that will resist the infamous cave in.

See the comparison below, I bought a Gotoh a few months back

FC7811F5-B5C9-4552-A01E-ABF55F1CEEF1_zpshwv0rjaw.jpg

Guitarfetish.com sells an ABR1 that fits the Nashville bridge spacing.

Unless you are looking for that steel bridge sound I'd say save some cash.

PS the guy from Philadelphia Luthiers is right, Tone pro bridges have that locking thing but I do not think they are an improvement otherwise

Hey Riffster-

I'm a sucker for "sturdy / strong" that Gotoh looks like it might survive the next natural disaster!

Where did you buy it? Do they have a slotted or slotted / started version? (New to slotting / scared).

I'll be the first one to admit- I wouldn't know the difference in tone relative to steel.

Fact is- my guitar has great sustain and harmonics as it is. The ONLY reason I'm looking is because the bridge / saddles are starting to rattle.

Thanks!!

Brian

Folks probably aren't following this- but in case...

I made a decision. Since Gotoh is the manufacturer for TonePros- I ordered my bridge from them- notched. Much less expensive than the Pinnacle- so I'm going to try it. IF the notches do not match I'll get an unnotched set and some reasonable files..

Thanks again, all, for the input! After considering everything, I'm confident now that if push comes to shove, I can file enough of a notch and accurately enough, by myself.

Brian

Sorry, it's been a busy year for me and don't check here as often.

I bought my Gotoh bridge on eBay it was cheap and does have notched saddles.

Thanks so much! No apologies.. There are many posts on this board and this has been discussed ad nauseum, I imagine! Thanks for the info and checking!

I'm wondering how the notches will line up? Some folks on other boards say that the notches are "progressive" as far as their spacing on the individual saddles. My high E and B, as well as low E and A are slightly off center- more toward the fretboard edges respectively.

I guess I'll soon find out- its supposed to be here tomorrow..I'll either be really happy or really frustrated...

Brian

Archived