Gibson Brands Forums

1998 epiphone les Paul signature

Luke A

First timer to the forum and I was wondering if you guys could help me out? About 6months ago I acquired an epiphone les Paul signature hollow body goldtop for 200 bucks. Sounds like a decent score right? My issue is it had no electronics in it. Completely gutted. Well for the last 6 months I have been on a hunt for the original pickups and controls to no avail. I even contacted epiphone about a month ago and still haven't received a reply. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate these or who the manufactured them?

Yeah. Epi/Gibson doesn't have em I've scoured eBay and reverb and all those places to no avail. I know it had electar jcb-1 low z pickups, one volume one tone I phase out of phase rotary switch and a variable gain switch for 3 levels of gain along with pickup selector. Quite the interesting guitar.no other pickup fits the slots. Even dogear p90s are too small. I would really like to get it back to original but the longer this search continues the more it looks like one destined for the scrap bin. Kinda breakin my heart as its plays wonderfully.

comparing the LP Signature and the Casady bass (according to the Wiki); they use the same pickups. Luke, you should be able to purchase the pickups through a Epiphone dealer but you would need to refer to them as Jack Casady JCB-1 pickups.

Archived