Gibson Brands Forums

NCD

surfpup

That's right... new case day! [biggrin]

One thing about partsers, they don't come with a case obviously. I don't need a good case for every guitar mind you, but my main Tele case is a tweed one that is starting to get pretty beat up from gigging. So I ordered this SKB Strat/Tele case from Amazon. Nice case for only $109. It's nearly identical to the SKB made case that came with my "97 Am. Std. Strat. Should hold up nicely to regular gigs, Tele fits nice and snug, and it has TSA latches - just in case of a world tour, ya know. :rolleyes:

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_5710.jpg

cf7f62a1-81af-4c37-9cf8-219b62421b01.jpg

I am a huge fan of the telecaster. I also noted the proper 3 piece bridge. That's the way it should be and the way Leo wanted it.

Many of my Fender stuff is in the Tweed cases, but my main gigging tele and strat are in them plastic cases.

The tweed is nice, but sucks up everything from water to dirty bar grim.

Pretty case with a snug fit, and it looks handy, too. [thumbup]

I am a huge fan of the telecaster. I also noted the proper 3 piece bridge. That's the way it should be and the way Leo wanted it.

Leo wasn't a player himself. That's why he missed the boat with lots of the details he developed. Being a player, my Teles have six bridge saddles each, and my Strats have Floyd Rose systems and a five-way switch. I also prefer noiseless pickups.

Many of my Fender stuff is in the Tweed cases, but my main gigging tele and strat are in them plastic cases.

The tweed is nice, but sucks up everything from water to dirty bar grim.

Two of my ten Fender cases are tweed-covered. You're right, they are collecting strange sorts of mojo. [biggrin]

With the make of the tweed cases, I guess Leo wanted to combine the shortcomings of hardcases and gigbags. [lol]

Surfpup- you sir, have, IMO, THE best configuration of Telecaster known to man, IMO! I mourn the loss of two guitars; one of which was a MIJ '72 Custom Tele (RI).

VERY nice git! Not to hijack- but would you mind sharing info on that partster? Just so I can be tortured, ya know...Thanks!

Brian

Surfpup- you sir, have, IMO, THE best configuration of Telecaster known to man, IMO! I mourn the loss of two guitars; one of which was a MIJ '72 Custom Tele (RI).

VERY nice git! Not to hijack- but would you mind sharing info on that partster? Just so I can be tortured, ya know...Thanks!

Brian

Thanks! There's a thread a page or so back. I posted during the whole build. But if there's anything I failed to mention let me know.

Leo wasn't a player himself. That's why he missed the boat with lots of the details he developed. Being a player, my Teles have six bridge saddles each, and my Strats have Floyd Rose systems and a five-way switch. I also prefer noiseless pickups.

Say what?

Leo is one of the main guys, if not THE main guy who brought all these things to us from the beginning. He "innovated" most of the details we take for granted now.

The fact we STILL want to have Telecasters at all is more a testament to him getting it right, rather than wrong.

Remember too, the Les Paul was largely a response to the Tele, and we don't play the first versions of those.

The Floyd trem, is like 80% a Leo design, considering. If there wasn't a Strat trem to base it on, it wouldn't exist.

Archived