Gibson Brands Forums

NHD, NGD

SteveT2

I really like 57 classics also. However a good alternative would be Bare Buckles Mule n/b. I also really liked the factory strings. They feel lovely. [thumbup]

Factory strings felt stiff to me. And a couple gauges heavier than what they really are. My SG felt the same. Easy enough to change though

... On a side note, does anypne else not like the factory strings or is it just me ?

I hear you, Steve. Lots of guitars, not just Gibsons, come stock with strings looking fine but sounding muffled. I like bright sounding wires to get the most out of my guitars, so I usually don't like factory strings. Exceptions have been my SG Supra featuring Gibson Brite Wires, and my Epiphone 1960 Tribute Les Paul which also had bright sounding strings stock.

Any luck yet ? As soon as I get through closing I have one picked out. If it's gone by then I'm sure there will be another

Nothing yet, sadly; looks like it won't be moving anywhere until the new year, for now. All cash seems to be falling into the black hole that is Christmas (£70 for a bloody Christmas tree...!).

Found a few older Marshalls (not 'vintage' old, mind) on eBay; things like the JTM30 and JTM60. Nice small home valve thing. I need to see if there are any decent Fender amps on there too; keep forgetting. But basically something for about three or four hundred notes.

In the meantime I can do the video editing for the replacement stuff, so I won't be bored. Shall keep you updated, good sir!

Nothing yet, sadly; looks like it won't be moving anywhere until the new year, for now. All cash seems to be falling into the black hole that is Christmas (£70 for a bloody Christmas tree...!).

Found a few older Marshalls (not 'vintage' old, mind) on eBay; things like the JTM30 and JTM60. Nice small home valve thing. I need to see if there are any decent Fender amps on there too; keep forgetting. But basically something for about three or four hundred notes.

In the meantime I can do the video editing for the replacement stuff, so I won't be bored. Shall keep you updated, good sir!

My first amp was a new Silverface twin reverb. What a monster, ask anyone that lived within a half mile radius of me. I like my Blackstar, kind of a Marshall type beast. If there's any money left to be found in a few month's I might pick up a new Champ 2 or something similar. I'll have a spare room for my guitars but I know myself well enough that I'm going to want something in the living room too

Hopefully this one will still be around when I'm ready in a couple weeks. If not I'll get another one...

V. Nice!

I especially like the darkness of the 'board but perhaps that's just me...

Keep us posted!

Pip.

My first amp was a new Silverface twin reverb. What a monster, ask anyone that lived within a half mile radius of me. I like my Blackstar, kind of a Marshall type beast. If there's any money left to be found in a few month's I might pick up a new Champ 2 or something similar. I'll have a spare room for my guitars but I know myself well enough that I'm going to want something in the living room too

Found a local store that is stocking some new 'Egnater ' amps; there's a 40W head and cab that I quite look the like of, and have heard good things. Costs about £790. I need to find some video demos, reviews, and then go and play the thing, but they're saying they're out of stock until the new year, for now.

V. Nice!

I especially like the darkness of the 'board but perhaps that's just me...

Keep us posted!

Pip.

If it was up to me we would be closing before Christmas or at least before New Year. It's possible but I'm no err holding my breath

Found a local store that is stocking some new 'Egnater ' amps; there's a 40W head and cab that I quite look the like of, and have heard good things. Costs about £790. I need to find some video demos, reviews, and then go and play the thing, but they're saying they're out of stock until the new year, for now.

Tried an Egnator out in GC, think it was the Rebel 30. Nice little amp. I kind of have Mesa Boogie in the back of my mind too. We'll see

• 2 weeks later...

Archived