Gibson Brands Forums

HI FROM MY BEACH HOUSE

BluesKing777

So very quiet where we were, creatures everywhere....

One day we took a drive to a pop resort that was straight along a road behind the dunes that go for hundreds of miles - looked identical all the way along.

And there were people everywhere! Shacks and camping - all climbing over each other:

SunburstAve12_zpsuclfr3mc.jpg

I drove out of the town a way, waddled up the huge sandhill (phew!!! - do that everyday and you would be olympian ready) and took this photo of what someone had put on the beach:

SunburstAve14_zpscswchmdb.jpg

Another time, we drove the other direction miles and mile and mile out this long spit of land to a saltwater lake that is popular with boaties, canoers, jet skiers but first the lone stander in the lake, of course:

SunburstAve16_zpsukpyczpl.jpg

SunburstAve18_zpssdsuh7sx.jpg

SunburstAve17_zpskxx68lnd.jpg

That is all for now!!!!

Though, there are about 20,000 other photos I took.....

The Boss took one of my guitar on holiday in the chair but it is blurry.....sorry not many guitar photos even though I did play a real lot and tried not to repeat myself - tall order.

BluesKing777.

Nice shed. What's the round thing to the left of it? Aussie beer cooler? Oi, Oi,Oi?

I'm amazed how much your photos look like they were taken in San Diego. (Excepting the Roo and Roo pooh of course.)

It is a very nice looking shed, isn't it. The round thing is the still, but it is empty so the people staying there went home bcause the bourbon fairies are on holiday and won't be back to fire up the still til 10 January. ( Really, it is a rainwater tank in what they call colorbond steel, nicely matching their shed. )

And yes, beaches in San Diego could look like sand and sand hills pretty well anywhere, except you could buy food, drink and even guitar strings without driving 200 miles!

And the sand hills here have Bunyips...

BluesKing777.

And the sand hills here have Bunyips...

BluesKing777.

Bunyips? Heck, bunyips ain't nuthin'.

When we lived in New Zealand there was a one-eyed taniwha that had lived in a nearby swamp for hundreds of years. The Maoris actually stopped government from expanding a road running near to the swamp, out of concern it might irritate the taniwha, who would then wreak havoc on the local population.

Bunyips? Heck, bunyips ain't nuthin'.

When we lived in New Zealand there was a one-eyed taniwha that had lived in a nearby swamp for hundreds of years. The Maoris actually stopped government from expanding a road running near to the swamp, out of concern it might irritate the taniwha, who would then wreak havoc on the local population.

I used to work with her husband - ain't it a small world?

BluesKing777.

I used to work with her husband - ain't it a small world?

BluesKing777.

Here's the specific taniwha I was referring to. I suspect he plays a Taylor. Not sure how he does it without fingers and hands, but everyone know taniwha are clever creatures.

"In more recent years, taniwha have featured prominently in New Zealand news broadcasts - due to taniwha spirits being referenced in both court cases and in various legal negotiations."[12] Beliefs in the existence of taniwha have a potential for controversy where they have been used to block or modify development and infrastructure schemes.

In 2002, Ngāti Naho, a Māori tribe from the Meremere district, successfully ensured that part of the country's major highway, State Highway 1, be rerouted in order to protect the abode of their legendary protector. This taniwha was said to have the appearance of large white eel, and Ngāti Naho argued that it must not be removed but rather move on of its own accord; to remove the taniwha would be to invite trouble. Television New Zealand reported in November 2002 that Transit New Zealand had negotiated a deal with Ngāti Naho under which "concessions have been put in place to ensure that the taniwha are respected".[13] Some like the journalist Brian Rudman have criticised such deals in respect of 'secretive taniwha which rise up from swamps and river beds every now and again, demanding a tithe from Transit New Zealand'.[

Thanks for the Winter break Bluesking.

Night before last it was -16 degrees Fahrenheit. Last night it warmed up to -10.It does get above zero during the day. Can't see anything in the back yard except for the two to three feet of snow. The good thing about this time of years is that the bears are hibernating.

Our dog park in now the best sled hill in town and we are rejoicing in the fact that the days are starting to get a bit longer. Bozeman is having a great ski year and our two resorts are recording record numbers of folks.

We love wildlife out here and the photos of your kangaroos are great. The rabbit not so much as we have the same looking critters in our back yard.

Your dog looks like a wonderful pet. Good for you for feeding her well. Mine is on a diet as he is a Whippet and getting ready for the show circuit this year.

It might be fun to record the number of different countries that people here post from.

Yes, the whole family has been feeding in a good paddock and I don't like to say the NY Resolution thing because it a needs longer term fix.... [crying]

It is great to get away for a bit but also great to be back home with a few guitars ha ha and I am now working my way around all! Unless I get to Skid Row, it is hard to imagine being a one guitar man again as I like all the different textures I have. The Hound is real glad to get home because he has had no sleep listening to creatures bumping around outside all night and unclear as to thoughts of guard dog duty or to hide under the bed.

So a couple of weird things that make you glad to get home.... one being the only shop for hundreds of miles was peculiar to say the least. You need to be there to catch all the strangeness but I will try to put it in words. Firstly, they had no high octane for my car and nobody came out to serve so I went in to see 4 people working but about 10 different counters and no clear indication of where to stand and after being ignored, I went to the other end where they were frying burgers and things and other people waiting. When it was my turn, I asked about the fuel and there was a verbal relay between all 4 people to get someone from the back room to turn the fuel pump on.....and he was busy with a trolley loaded he was moving to quote: "Wine and Beer", which was another counter and fridge over the other side of the shop. So I eventually got the fuel myself and went back in to pay and had to line up some more, and when it was my turn I said I was paying for fuel and the women had no record of the amount on a till or anything and had to go look at the amount on the pump! I had a bit of a look around to see if I was on Funny Videos or Candid Camera, but nobody was laughing....... :mellow:

And then on the way home, the Boss wanted McDonalds after too much good produce. Well she was obviously out of luck anywhere within 300 miles of where we were, so I said to hang on until we get to main highway towns and possibly a bit longer when we reached the freeway closer to the city because I just didn't remember seeing any on the way in. And there were none, nothing by halfway along the freeway, so I said to look a McDonalds up on her phone....... So she put on what Billy Connelly calls 'Caroline' - GPS with voice instructions and I swear I followed the instruction to the letter :mellow: , but I drove off the freeway and around this town and up and down and around some more for quite a while and there was ZIP. It was really hot and In a huff we went back to the freeway and looked out for the famous sign but nothing so I kept driving on. So 50 miles on there was a sign and Caroline GPS gave new instructions, so I turned off and drove around all these strange roads and obstacles and in to the busy part of the town and the main shopping centre and mall and the full nuisance, to see a long line in the drive-thru. Instead I parked up the street in a bit of shade and sent the Boss in. All went good. When I drove off after I assumed the road would go ahead to another freeway entrance and I didn't want to go all the way back, but I knew I was in trouble when the road went from 2 lanes each side to one and then narrowed more! Caroline wanted us to go around the mountain in front of me but I didn't think that looked right so took the even longer road behind a car crawling along with a trailer..............Oh No, we were in a Lucy episode...in the home of the....gulp.....not a Bunyip but the .....Giant Bunyip!:

http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Bunyip?file=Bunyip.jpg

BluesKing777.

Surprising news!

The Neanderthals out my back fence way haven't eaten their young guitar playing progeny as I suspected.....all went quiet there after a blast of faltering Satisfaction electric for a few weeks and a visit from a guitar friend quite accomplished.....

One day a few weeks ago there came the Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom BOOM boom of .......eeeeeeeeks.........a BASS Drum with learner driver attached....on their back patio...opposite my patio. I couldn't report it here at the time because I was struck speechless!

It just doesn't go for long, probably because of the stamina and persistance required, but so far that and the rest of the kit can go back, as far as I am concerned!

And let me emphasise "concern".

BluesKing777.

Surprising news!

The Neanderthals out my back fence way haven't eaten their young guitar playing progeny as I suspected.....all went quiet there after a blast of faltering Satisfaction electric for a few weeks and a visit from a guitar friend quite accomplished.....

One day a few weeks ago there came the Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom BOOM boom of .......eeeeeeeeks.........a BASS Drum with learner driver attached....on their back patio...opposite my patio. I couldn't report it here at the time because I was struck speechless!

It just doesn't go for long, probably because of the stamina and persistance required, but so far that and the rest of the kit can go back, as far as I am concerned!

And let me emphasise "concern".

BluesKing777.

Don't ya just love neighbors?

Don't ya just love neighbors?

Yeah, drummer at back, doofus on left doing one of his shoddy banging bang DIY projects, trampolining kids on 4 sides but some gone quiet maybe on holiday and another lot that cry real loud everytime they get on it, the guy with the angle grinder may have removed a few of his bits because he has gone quiet for a bit and let's face it mate, your house is a tear down.....I saw it being built and phew!.....etc.

The most incredible things to have while all that goes on are my Sennheiser HD6 headphones with sound deadening PX23A or whatever it is called, hooked to my mixer with an acoustic guitar amplified, preferably with some kind of Aura.

I could roll out the old Telecaster and Mesa Boogie and that would be that, but there are then two many stupid questions later. (Huh? What ya dooin?)

"Home in the country, wo ah wo ah wo". (Macca)

just a memory:

GoldBeach6_zpsfgtzutpi.jpg

BluesKing777.

• 3 weeks later...

Not even a distant memory now!

What holiday?

And the pile of work I have done this week has grown twice as large as I have been doing it! Pfft!

I was going to make my photo of the Princess's Rip Curl my new avatar - just says many things - but the computer says "No!" (Photo too large and needs to be Photoshopped down, I suppose - - forget it, Photoshop is on my Mac laptop and the twixt and twains of that and this pc don't ever want to meet.

What a million dollar shot though - I should sell it to the Rip Curlers, though they have some great surfy photos.

GoldBeach3_zps9fdgddim.jpg

BluesKing777.

Must admit I had meant to compliment you on that photo when you first posted it. Quite a nice composition.

How long did it take you to glue each of the grains of sand exactly so?

Thanks FMA.

It took a real long while to glue the sand on - first I had to find some sand.....

I regret not getting one flip flop on its own - could have been the modern day version of the Cinderella thing. (Cindy has the photo for her screensaver at work now).

BluesKing777.

Archived