Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Jr 2015

Run

Hi, my Les Paul Jr 2015 has a fixed compensated bridge and even if I come very close , I'm not able to get perfect intonation for all strings . So I'm looking for a replacement bridge (with ajustment for each string) giving me the possibily to compensate each string to get perfect intonation.

What would be the best one and where to order it.

Thanks for your help.

Hello.. Before you do that, one thing I can think of to try if you haven't...

How low or high is the bridge from the body?

If its too high it could be an issue... Obviously if its too low you will be getting a bunch of string buzz.. But id say try messing with the height of the bridge first.. And probably the top E side should be a bit lower than the bottom E even though it has a radius on the bridge it may help?... Well its something to give a go anyway before you go replacing it..

As for replacements there are many out there.. Depends on how much you want to spend.

If its too high it could be an issue... Obviously if its too low you will be getting a bunch of string buzz.. But id say try messing with the height of the bridge first.. And probably the top E side should be a bit lower than the bottom E even though it has a radius on the bridge it may help?... Well its something to give a go anyway before you go replacing it..

As for replacements there are many out there.. Depends on how much you want to spend.

mine is set the way you describe.still not "perfect"but close enough.

mine is set the way you describe.still not "perfect"but close enough.

"How low or high is the bridge from the body?"... The bridge is not too low nor too high...the action is super, no buzzing fret and easy to play. I can try to make some small bridge ajustments as you advise but I'd really like to replace the bridge so I can set it to get perfect intonation for each string.

"As for replacements there are many out there.. Depends on how much you want to spend." What about one of these that would fit ? How to measure the saddle radius ??

http://www.graphtech...paround-bridges

"How low or high is the bridge from the body?"... The bridge is not too low nor too high...the action is super, no buzzing fret and easy to play. I can try to make some small bridge ajustments as you advise but I'd really like to replace the bridge so I can set it to get perfect intonation for each string.

"As for replacements there are many out there.. Depends on how much you want to spend." What about one of these that would fit ? How to measure the saddle radius ??

http://www.graphtech...paround-bridges

The really important part is the post spacing... they don't all fit into the same space..... Im not 100% sure of what the wraparound bridge is, something like 83mm.... If you measure the distance between the screws (from the middle of the screw) at the back of the bridge you should get a good idea. Or see if you can find the exact specs somewhere online.

Archived