Gibson Brands Forums

Super Impressed

JamGuy

I've had my new Sheraton for about a month now and can't say enough good things about it... more than capable of hanging with my Gibsons, even my '63 335 TDC. The 335 has a woodier tone played unplugged but plugged in, the Sheraton sounds amazing. It plays fantastic too...

I bought it as a return from MF... and didn't know exactly what I'd be getting. Although some of the binding work isn't as crisp as it might be, the fit and finish of the rest of the guitar is flawless. The pots feel great, the coil taps don't sound too bad, and it really looks sharp in wine red. The only change I made was to replace the round Grover tuner keys with some Imperial tuner keys and man oh man does it look great. The guitar is already so blinged out, they really added a nice finishing touch.

Anyhow, if anyone's considering one of these guitars I say go for it!

I picked one up in November, (it's my second Sherry, last one was a mid 90s) The upgrades to hardware and electronics are vast improvements. And while it's no secret where they are made (China), the fit and finish on mine is pretty much flawless. And this is not a complaint, but, to achieve the action I desire, I did have to dress 7 or 8 frets down a bit as the fret edges in those places were causing some issues. (which I've heard in reading reviews since, is a common complaint.) After that was completed I was able to get the setup where it works for me. (3/64s ~ 2/64s) with 10 gauge strings. These are killer guitars for the money.

and Charlie is right, photos are required. rules are rules Jamguy...

I picked one up in November, (it's my second Sherry, last one was a mid 90s) The upgrades to hardware and electronics are vast improvements. And while it's no secret where they are made (China), the fit and finish on mine is pretty much flawless. And this is not a complaint, but, to achieve the action I desire, I did have to dress 7 or 8 frets down a bit as the fret edges in those places were causing some issues. (which I've heard in reading reviews since, is a common complaint.) After that was completed I was able to get the setup where it works for me. (3/64s ~ 2/64s) with 10 gauge strings. These are killer guitars for the money.

and Charlie is right, photos are required. rules are rules Jamguy...

Ok, ok... I'll get a photo or two up! [thumbup]

Archived